Things that piss you off Page 773

I'm a cyclist too, but I don't share any feelings of kinship with those who cycle badly. For me, they are in the group along with bad drivers and idiot motorcyclist, ie, they're all just aresholes.

People who don't like reptiles!

Quote: Tim Fezziwigl @ October 31 2011, 1:12 PM BST

People who don't like reptiles!

I love reptiles but Man in charge of our team hates them specifically snakes to point he can't watch them on TV. He pisses me off a lot so to counter the balance I usually talk to a collegue next to me about She is eating well and due a shed any day or something like that. Its a joy to watch him squirm.

The radio pisses me off when it plays the same set of songs every day and you learn their routine. There must be enough music out there to be more varied. Im not allowed to change the station at work damnit.

Quote: walt @ October 28 2011, 11:23 PM BST

People who ride their bike on the footpath, then look at you has if to say "get out my phooking way" Been run over many times.

Be worth it in the long run, Keep Our Footpaths Free.

Three cheers for KOFF.

Be it cyclists or motorcyclists riding on the footpath, I refuse to get out of their way, so they have to either get onto the road or hit me, in which case their bike is usually knocked over. Had a few bruised legs, but well worth it.

Quote: Tim Fezziwigl @ October 30 2011, 6:50 PM BST

School Buses. I don't have kids. I ALWAYS get caught behind one when I'm in a HURRY :P I listen to IGGY Pop! I have to drive 10 miles per hour. I get red in the face! Kids stick their tongues out! I GO NUTS! I wave my hands. The smug bus drivers see me in their mirror. They laugh! I curse! DAMN THOSE SCHOOL BUSES Rolling eyes

The trick to getting the backseat kids to stop throwing orange peel and other rubbish at your windscreen is to smile and look stoned.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 31 2011, 2:33 PM BST

Be it cyclists or motorcyclists riding on the footpath, I refuse to get out of their way, so they have to either get onto the road or hit me, in which case their bike is usually knocked over. Had a few bruised legs, but well worth it.

Really, the best way to avoid bruised legs is to stand aside, smile, and wave them through.
Then push them off as they pass.

F**king Online Divorce Solicitors. Quickie Divorce - my arse!

They really don't know what they're doing but I don't want to get too stroppy with them in case they delay things even more.

I'm going to have a massive party when it actually comes through!!!!

Quote: Chappers @ October 31 2011, 4:10 PM BST

F**king Online Divorce Solicitors. Quickie Divorce - my arse!

They really don't know what they're doing but I don't want to get too stroppy with them in case they delay things even more.

I'm going to have a massive party when it actually comes through!!!!

Is this for real? As I haven't been on here for so long I may have missed a detail or two :(

Quote: roscoff @ October 31 2011, 4:42 PM BST

Is this for real? As I haven't been on here for so long I may have missed a detail or two :(

It's been going on for over a year although we've been separated for two years.

At least you can be assured that regular non-online divorce solicitors are also useless, in my experience. They should all be made illegal.

Bloody nightmare, mate.
You have my sympathy.

When people (read-bastards) overstay their welcome.

Had the chimney sweep in today. Cleared the front room of all furniture this morning so we could clean the carpet with the carpet cleaner tonight after tea.

Came home, hovered the carpet
Had tea ( dinner for the posh people)
Wife cleans skirting boards etc.
Daughter and son in law turn up, thinks they won't stay long as:

A) We are obviously busy
B) There is nowhere to sit down

THEY ARRIVED 90 MINUTES AGO AND ARE STILL FUCKING HERE!

I have dropped hints such as bringing the carpet cleaner into the room where they are sat on the floor with the wife who is too polite to tell them to f**k off.

F**k me!

Quote: Chappers @ October 31 2011, 5:02 PM BST

It's been going on for over a year although we've been separated for two years.

F**k me Dave, read this after I posted. you really do have something to complain about

[quote name="Kenneth" post="820395" date="October 31 2011, 2:33

The trick to getting the backseat kids to stop throwing orange peel and other rubbish at your windscreen is to smile and look stoned.[/quote]
Ken I am Stoned usually Wave They never throw things just give me the finger. I think they can see me yelling and shaking my head. I'm too hyped I have to work on that. American kids are VERY aggressive!

Argh.
It is impossible to find a book on how to write, written for kids who want to learn how to write a book.
However you word it in Google all you get is books on 'how to write for kids'.

If you see what I mean...

If the kid is good enough to attempt writing a book, wouldn't they be capable of reading a conventional 'how to' book?

No, not really.
It's not a question of being 'good enough' to write a book, I'm not suggesting she rattle off a novel and try to get it published.

This is for a 12 yr old to try something creative and fun.

There are some pretty basic books I've seen for aspiring novelists though, so if I don't find anything directed at young teens, it is something to consider.