The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 258

Our local team isn't in any legue, the closest team to me in a league would be Glentoran. I have only seen them once, I don't support them though.

Quote: TopBanana @ August 7 2011, 2:58 PM BST

I've no idea why Kevin Nolan has never even made an England squad. He's a goalscoring midfielder with plenty of experience. He's not in the class of Lampard or Gerrard, of course, but neither are Huddlestone or Jenas yet these dildos get in the squad.

Agreed

Quote: Jamey @ August 7 2011, 6:48 PM BST

Our local team isn't in any legue, the closest team to me in a league would be Glentoran. I have only seen them once, I don't support them though.

Why not? Go and cheer them on. I watch my local non-league team when I can. For a tenner it's much more fun.

Quote: Jamey @ August 7 2011, 6:42 PM BST

Howard was bad when he played for us as well.
You have to admit though, when we get a good goal keeper, we get a really good one.

Arsenal had Seaman and Lehnman we has Schmeical and VDS.
Their bad goalkeepers are even worse than ours though.

Barthez was hilarious, so mad he could have been an Arsenal goalie

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2011, 6:57 PM BST

Why not? Go and cheer them on. I watch my local non-league team when I can. For a tenner it's much more fun.

I really do prefer proffesional football, I might watch them when its convinient though.
Who is it you support anyway?

Quote: Jamey @ August 7 2011, 7:01 PM BST

I really do prefer proffesional football, I might watch them when its convinient though.
Who is it you support anyway?

The mighty Sutton United.

Years ago I had a Chelsea season ticket but it's too expensive and too much hassle nowadays.

Quote: TopBanana @ August 7 2011, 2:58 PM BST

I've no idea why Kevin Nolan has never even made an England squad. He's a goalscoring midfielder with plenty of experience. He's not in the class of Lampard or Gerrard, of course, but neither are Huddlestone or Jenas yet these dildos get in the squad.

In his last few seasons at Bolton he was utter wank

We couldn't wait to get rid of him. All he did was spend the whole game gobbing off to the ref, the opposition and his team mates

Maybe he's improved since then but I think he's well over rated.

England are in big trouble if he's the best we can do.

Wilshire is the best english midfielder right now. I just can't really think of a suitable midfield partner for him.

Wilshere is going to be incredible, if he can avoid the off-field distractions.

I think he could be better than Gerrard.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 7 2011, 11:08 AM BST

No, turns out the lady involved made the whole thing up mate....

Thank God I didn't name him. Dont fancy being sued by a wealthy prem star!

Oh come on Barton. Don't try to justify yourself.

'Joey Barton on Twitter: "Violence always comes from a place of misunderstanding and low to zero self-worth, well mine did anyway."'

And Arsenal, as everybody in the world knows but Wenger refuses to acknowledge, need a dominating, experienced, confident central defender and goalkeeper. So what do they do? Buy a young winger with no top-flight experience, from Southampton and are pleased they've got a work permit for a young Japanese midfielder. Wenger is so perversely stubborn.

Football news just in. The riots in Tottenham started when Harry Redknapp declared an interest in Emile Heskey. They started in Birmingham when Redknapp changed his mind.

The riots in London actually started when the prawn sandwiches were off at the Man United supporters' club dinner. Interestingly, this was also the case in Birmingham. And in Nottingham. And in Bristol...

Quote: Tuumble @ August 9 2011, 7:36 PM BST

The riots in London actually started when the prawn sandwiches were off at the Man United supporters' club dinner. Interestingly, this was also the case in Birmingham. And in Nottingham. And in Bristol...

I did see a bloke in Birmingham on the news, wearing a United shirt.

Quote: Chappers @ August 9 2011, 5:41 PM BST

And Arsenal, as everybody in the world knows but Wenger refuses to acknowledge, need a dominating, experienced, confident central defender and goalkeeper. So what do they do? Buy a young winger with no top-flight experience, from Southampton and are pleased they've got a work permit for a young Japanese midfielder. Wenger is so perversely stubborn.

He is very hard to work out at times. He's clearly needed a good goalie for 3 or 4 years now but he seems insistent on making do with well past it ones or flailing clowns!

And teams like Stoke and Blackburn consistently get the better of them by towering above them at set pieces. But still no big name centre half! And still no holding midfielder! He has no balance in that team and I'm wondering if the man has any marbles left. I predict another trophyless season, and possibly his last.