The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 253

That reminds me of an American Race car driver, whose name was Dick Trickle.

There is a guy in the industry I work in called Randy Bush. :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 25 2011, 9:36 PM BST

I was looking forward to the court case when she could have confirmed the appropriateness of his name !

Hoping you meant contradicted rather than confirmed :)

Quote: TopBanana @ July 25 2011, 7:30 PM BST

PREDICTIONS:

-Leicester, Brighton & West Ham to be promoted from the Championship.

-Norwich, QPR & Swansea to go down from the Prem.

-J. Hernandez to be top Prem scorer.

-Birmingham City to finish 19th in the Championship.

-Prem top (in order):

Man Utd
Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool

Predict Hernandez will break both ankles doing a poncey back leap. (I can always hope!)

and I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If they win the bloody league again it will be the worst thing for English football - even worse than Scotland. Come on City, come on Liverpool.

Quote: Tuumble @ July 25 2011, 10:47 PM BST

There is a guy in the industry I work in called Randy Bush. :)

I remember HIGNFY doing a story about an American guy called Randy Bumgardner

Laughing out loud

Just back from Selhurst Park, where the mighty Palace handed Norwich a 1 - 0 thrashing. Awooga!

Gonna be a weird season for me this one. I'm so used to my favourite and local teams (Lincoln and Peterborough) bouncing between the third and fourth tiers, it'll be odd to have no-one to look for there.

Unusually I will be watching two in the Prem with Liverpool and Norwich with Derby and Posh both competing in the Championship. I guess I have some non-league interest with the Imps but I would've managed without it. :(

Birmingham City: In deep doo-dah.

Quote: TopBanana @ July 28 2011, 4:39 PM BST

Birmingham City: In deep doo-dah.

You're in right trouble TB, you have my sympathy. Chris Hughton must be kicking himself.

These pirates running the club have boasted of spending £40m, but in reality they have only made 2 'big' signings: Zigic and Foster- total cost £12m.

The club has won over £100m in prize money in the 2 seasons the pirates have been in charge. Where has that gone? Have a guess.

League One here we come.

Barton released by Newcastle.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will be allowed to leave the club on a free transfer, the club has announced.

Relations between Barton and the club have been strained after contract talks broke down, leading to the 28-year-old airing his frustrations on Twitter.

A club statement said: "The player has been advised that he can leave the club on a free transfer."

In response, Barton tweeted: "Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata."

F**k me Barton. have you only just realised? You are persona non grata in England!!!

Apparently though ferguson had shown some interest. Doesn't surprise me after cantona and keane.

Good riddance. I wonder who typed out his Twitter status for him?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 1 2011, 8:35 PM BST

Good riddance. I wonder who typed out his Twitter status for him?

I thought it was beyond a cheeky, loveable scouser.

He's broken the law and acted like a complete dildo, but he's always come across as interesting in his interviews.

Good player, could do a job for Arsenal/Man Utd....at no financial risk.

Still a git, though.

Quote: Chappers @ August 1 2011, 8:25 PM BST

Barton released by Newcastle.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will be allowed to leave the club on a free transfer, the club has announced.

Relations between Barton and the club have been strained after contract talks broke down, leading to the 28-year-old airing his frustrations on Twitter.

A club statement said: "The player has been advised that he can leave the club on a free transfer."

In response, Barton tweeted: "Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata."

F**k me Barton. have you only just realised? You are persona non grata in England!!!

Apparently though ferguson had shown some interest. Doesn't surprise me after cantona and keane.

I have heard that James Cotter is going to sign him, they just need to agree on personal terms.