The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 256

If it wasn't for SAF Man Utd would probably 'only' have been as successful as, say, Spurs in the PL era.

Jamey

August 5, 2011, 3:04 PM BST

Atleast nobody here has latched on to the "Glory Hunter" thing, I get it all the time, it really gets on my nerves that people don't seam to believe it is possible to be a legitimate supporter of United unless you like within 5 metres of Old Trafford and even then loads of people would say you should support City.

People understand that those with Irish family have historical and domestic links that make United their team, but the same doesn't usually apply to supporters living in Surrey!

Quote: AJGO @ August 5 2011, 4:31 PM BST

Jamey

August 5, 2011, 3:04 PM BST

Atleast nobody here has latched on to the "Glory Hunter" thing, I get it all the time, it really gets on my nerves that people don't seam to believe it is possible to be a legitimate supporter of United unless you like within 5 metres of Old Trafford and even then loads of people would say you should support City.

People understand that those with Irish family have historical and domestic links that make United their team, but the same doesn't usually apply to supporters living in Surrey!

Those with Irish family have links? How about those with Mancunian family links?

If you're not from Manchester and support the red scum you're a glory hunter - no debate!

I wonder how long it will be before we see kids in Guidlford or Bromley wearing Man City shirts.....

Quote: TopBanana @ August 5 2011, 3:56 PM BST

If it wasn't for SAF Man Utd would probably 'only' have been as successful as, say, Spurs in the PL era.

Your'e probably right but the fact is he's their manager

if, if, if

If my aunty had been born with a cock she'd now be my uncle.

Have people done their end of season predictions yet? I always like these. Mine:
1 MU
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 MC
5 Spurs
6 Liverpool
7 NU
8 Aston Villa
9 Fulham
10 Everton
11 Bolton
12 Sunderland
13 West Brom
14 QPR
15 Stoke
16 Wolves
17 Norwich
18 Blackburn
19 Swansea
20 Wigan

Here's mine:

1 Man Utd
2 Chelsea
3 MC
4 Liverpool
5 Arse
6 Spurzzzz
7 Everton
8 Fulham
9 Stoke
10 Sunderland
11 Newcastle
12 Bolton
13 Villa
14 Wigan
15 WBA
16 Blackburn
17 Wolves
18 Norwich
19 QPR
20 Swansea

Quote: TopBanana @ August 6 2011, 2:22 PM BST

I wonder how long it will be before we see kids in Guidlford or Bromley wearing Man City shirts.....

It happens all over the world. I went to Northern Italy with my family in 1989, back when Maradona's Napoli were in their pomp, and I remember seeing a kid in a back street in Venice, dressed in a full Napoli tracksuit, kicking a ball against a wall. Napoli are obviously from the South of the country. Of course he might've just been visiting from Naples, but probably not.

Get your money on my beloved Bolton to get relegated

our squad is so small we have don't have enough decent players to fill the subs bench and of the players we have got about 6 of them have got broken legs or other long tern injury problems

were f**ked before a balls kicked

Everton's squad is small as well. I think Man United have got almost twice as many midfielders as us.

We have one right back

we have two left backs but one is on a manslaughter charge so will soon be doing porridge

we have two strikers

it's a joke!

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham Hotsperm
5. Areshole
6. Everton
7 - 20 any of the rest
21. Sunderland
22. Manchester United - by default by cheating and taking the piss

WTF?????

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14433667.stm

Are we that desperate? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Is Stockdale there too?

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2011, 1:15 AM BST

WTF?????

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14433667.stm

Are we that desperate? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Is Stockdale there too?

He is a talented young footballer. Your hatred of Manchester United is not very healthy.