Psychoville - Series 2 Page 9

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Sooty was right. This series is deeply disappointing compared to the first. It's The Matrix Reloaded all over again.

Quote: chipolata @ May 25 2011, 9:31 AM BST

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Sooty was right. This series is deeply disappointing compared to the first. It's The Matrix Reloaded all over again.

Nah, I've enjoyed the series so far. It may not be hanging together as elegantly as the first so far, but there's still lot's a fun to be had. I enjoy the characters and it's making me laugh a lot.

Anyway, the point he got Twit-raped over isn't right; I can't say I'm bringing many other sinister clown funerals instantly to mind.

Quote: chipolata @ May 25 2011, 9:31 AM BST

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Sooty was right.

In your opinion. Not everyone's!

(If he'd said the series wasn't original or something, then some people could have agreed and some not. But what he ACTUALLY said was not accurate. See above.)

But anyway, come back Sooty, you silly bugger.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 10:28 AM BST

But anyway, come back Sooty, you silly bugger.

Yeah. It's just Reece Shearsmith having too much time on his hands during the run of his West End musical.

The f**king great clown cliche.

I love Psychoville and I love SootyJ... there's only one way to sort this out.

I'm just hoping old Soot doesn't react the way he did last time a comic slagged him off on the internet.

Joe Pasquale hasn't talked proper since he got out of hospital.

Quote: EllieJP @ May 25 2011, 1:11 PM BST

I love Psychoville and I love SootyJ... there's only one way to sort this out.

Murder him and leave his mutilated body at an abandoned quarry?

That's what you were thinking, right? Eh?

Apparently the final episode of Psychoville is being shown on the Monday, not Thursday, to make way for the new series of Mock The Week.

What a f**king retarded move.
I really do hate schedulers.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 3:44 PM BST

Apparently the final episode of Psychoville is being shown on the Monday, not Thursday, to make way for the new series of Mock The Week.

Mock The Week indeed. As Paul Calf used to put it: 'Bag O'Shite'.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 3:44 PM BST

I liked Stewart Lee taking the piss out of MTW last week.
Leave the show where it is until it's finished!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 25 2011, 3:46 PM BST

I liked Stewart Lee taking the piss out of MTW last week.
Leave the show where it is until it's finished!!

I wonder if Russell Howard is/was a Stu Lee fan!

I bet the Haringey social worker, Simon (the one who wants David to murder his aunt, Mrs Wren), is killed this week, either by Maureen or by accident.

Also, what if Mrs Wren is David's real mother?

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 back to back. Love the darkness and the laugh out loud moments.

Psychoville Series 2 is in my opinion just about the best thing that Reece & Steve have done. They've said they're very proud of this series & they're certainly right to be.

The plotline is naunced & being revealed bit by bit (why do naysayers want to pre-empt the show's creators?!)...I think it surpasses S1 (& I thought that superlative series would be hard to top) As they've said this isn't a series that one can dip into from time to time. It demands the audience pay attention & concentrete - & in schedules full of repetition & formulaic laughs thank God for that!

TV progs aren't knee-deep in cliched sinster clowns or clown funerals (can't recall when I saw one last...not even in a repeat on 'Gold') Sinster clowns are a horror staple since 'It', not a comedy cliche (clowns as miserable depressives maybe...) Psychoville takes horror elements, comedy & drama & mashes it up peerlessly.

Any other comedy series or any other series for that matter like it on TV? There isn't! Shearsmith & Pemberton should be cherished...there is no-one out there producing work like them on British TV. Long may they be allowed to make their distinctive unique work - British comedy & TV need talent like them. TV schedules & comedy series must be diverse. Otherwise it will be filled with comedy panel shows (which seem to mainly exist so Dave will have something to show)

;)

Welcome to the British Comedy Guide, Reece.

;)