Newsjack - Series 4 Page 36

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 28 2011, 11:30 PM GMT

Not the first time, but always exciting not knowing how disappointed I'll be Thursday. ;)

Very true. The emotions are

1. Real excitement - as you press F5 on the web page that lists the writers.
2. Crushing dissapointment - when you find your name isn't there.
3. Irritation - when you listen to the show, and feel your stuff was easily good enough to get on.
4. Crushing dissapointment - when you re-read what you've sent them and realise it wasn't.

Rinse and repeat for 6 weeks.

Managed one hastily drawn up sketch this week and some one-liners (that are easily good enough to get on).

Laughing out loud

Quick question. I have written a number of one liners but am worried that, as a newbie, I will have made them far too long. I think they are fine but am not sure whether there are strict rules. Is there anybody who would be willing to take a look at them for me and tell me whether I'm ruining my chances?

PM them to me if you want, I will have a look.

Odds and ends sent earlier this morning.

1 x App

4 X Quickie / one liners.

Oh, and in case anybody gives a flying fu*k... Nope, not yet.

Good luck one and all.

Theres a tweet saying they have had loads of oscar/Gadaffi/Cole stuff and lots of it not that interesting...bother... though I only covered two of those Pleased

Poo.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 1 2011, 9:21 PM GMT

Poo.

:D I'll drink to that

Luckily I got all my Oscars and Gaddafi material out of the way last week so they'll have to find some other reason to reject me this week.

My phone has informed me that I've a ticket for tonight's show which is back at the good old BBC Radio Theatre.

Given my inability to provide any useful feedback from the recording last time not sure why you'd want to know this but hey, there it is.

Quote: StephenM @ March 2 2011, 11:15 AM GMT

Given my inability to provide any useful feedback from the recording last time not sure why you'd want to know this but hey, there it is.

Was good to hear about it last week...so enjoy and give us any little snippets you DO remember :)

I sent two sketches for this week and a page of one-liners/corrections.

Admittedly after the first sketch on Clegg forgetting things, (which might be consider 'last weeks news' anyway) I threw it all to the wind with the second which I did on plastic surgery. (You know, cos there are lots of stories that mention plastic surgery and stuff...)

On the plus side they're not bad sketches, just of questionable relevance. Still, they'll need something that isn't Libya.

From the NJ Twitter:

Brilliant audience tonight for Newsjack. Big thanks to all who came - please come again

I don't like to boast, but we were pretty good...

A really good recording and a great evening. Mainly thanks to inspired performances from the cast, especially Miles and Lewis. Quite a lot of messing around. Especially loved the re-takes bit where for no reason Lewis started impersonating his friend who was in the audience, then pointed her out to everyone. I say this just to give you an idea of how high-energy it was (certainly compared to the half-full venue beside a gym last time I went) and it showed in the performances and the audience.

The bad news is nothing for me this time so that's saved the Thursday paranoia at least.

It was interesting how it was recorded this time, they front loaded the show with all the best stuff so some really strong stuff at the start. My personal favourite was the Oscar for best powerpoint presentation which is bound to be in the show tomorrow.

A lot of stuff on Gaddafi, the Oscars and Ashley Cole so don't believe everything you read in the twitter.

And oddly breast milk ice cream was quite a big feature. Bit odd as didn't think it was that big a story. (Although it was also a guise for sneaking in a sketch on Westminster Council canceling their Soup runs. Hope that makes it as it's an important story to cover if nothing else. Power to the People!)

Enough. I shall leave you to enjoy the show tomorrow. Hope the atmosphere of the recording comes across in the broadcast.

Quote: StephenM @ March 3 2011, 1:03 AM GMT

And oddly breast milk ice cream was quite a big feature. Bit odd as didn't think it was that big a story.

Ooooh! So there's a chance my breast milk ice cream one liner is in with a shout!

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 3 2011, 2:44 AM GMT

Ooooh! So there's a chance my breast milk ice cream one liner is in with a shout!

Ha! I wrote one too - what was yours?

Thanks for the feedback on the recording, Stephen - v interesting.

Quote: Chantoozie @ March 3 2011, 8:48 AM GMT

Ha! I wrote one too - what was yours?

Thanks for the feedback on the recording, Stephen - v interesting.

Yeah and me :) I imagine there will lots of one-liners on this subject. I'll post my inevitable failures on critique later.