The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 24

Do you get a confirmation email once you submit?

Quote: pete jones @ February 26 2011, 11:09 AM GMT

Do you get a confirmation email once you submit?

yes I did :D

Quote: Kelvin Dyson @ February 26 2011, 11:29 AM GMT

yes I did :D

We've set up an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your script, but if you don't hear from us, just send us an email and we'll check whether we've got it or not.

Just sent my script in. Aah, it feels good to have accomplished something.

One for Simon and/or Declan - Any idea when the live shows are going to be? I'd love to see a few but I'm on my holidays in June, which seems a likely month for the live shows.

The live shows are on Mondays in June and July:

The format has changed this year, so we're not having knock-out Quarter-finals and Semi-finals, just showcases and a Grand Final.

So Mondays 6, 13, 20 and 27 June will have two sitcoms each, along with two sketch groups showcasing and previewing Edinburgh material. There'll be a 5pm industry show, a 7.30pm public show and a 9.30pm show featuring an hour-long set by a top named act previewing their Edinburgh show (names to be confirmed). You'll be able to buy a combined ticket for the 7.30 and 9.30 shows at a reduced price.

Mondays 4 and 11 July will have four sitcoms each at 5pm and 7.30pm, along with an Edinburgh preview at 9.30pm. Combined tickets will again be available.

And Monday 18 July is the Grand Final. We're working on the judging panel at the moment, and we're hoping very much to have Jimmy Mulville from Hat Trick as one of the judges.

Mark B, any chance you can put this up on the Live page?

Cheers all, Declan

Hi
I'm nearly ready to send my script off and I'm a bit worried about length (story of my life) at the moment it's 22 pages. I've tried acting it out with the cat and dog to test how long it is but this always ends in a fight so I can never be to sure. Any thoughts?

Hello!

I think this question has been asked a gazillion times (give or take a framillion) but is it OK to send it in a sitcom format (I know pdf is OK).

I can format it to theatre I guess if needs be.

Many thanks, have a random pirate emoticon Pirate

Andrew

Just sent mine this afternoon. Apologies for leaving it so late but the extra time really helped me with final checks and editing etc.

I'm just going from what I've read. As long as the document can be opened, it makes sense, no zoom, cut to the... etc and that it's funny, then it should be accepted. I've done all those (funny could be argued by some) so hopefully I'll be OK.

We just have to remember that being funny is the most important thing here, despite how stupid that sounds.

Declan - So eight sitcoms go through to the live shows, then two of these are performed on the nights of 6, 13, 20 and 27 June, then four of the same eight sitcoms are then performed on the nights of 4 and 11 July. Have I got that right?

Good work on making it an evening of varied entertainment, with the sketches and as-yet-unnamed acts. I'll try to come and see a few of the shows toward the end of June or in July.

I think I might actually end up sending my episode one.

I know we're generally not supposed to, but it works better, gag wise. There's more of them, and actually less slowing down than episode two.

Aaaaaand I have entered (the auto-reply acknowledgement came instantly too).

And now the wait :|Errr (I suspect mine, although I like it, will be crap compared to some awesome entries).

I've just read yet another script in which a woman with practically no lines is described as 'ugly'.

That'll be easy to cast then...

Quote: simon wright @ February 27 2011, 7:33 PM GMT

I've just read yet another script in which a woman with practically no lines is described as 'ugly'.

That'll be easy to cast then...

Man in wig?

(Glad to say this isn't my one though Laughing out loud )

And I'm with Griff... MORE EXASPERATION POSTS. Unless it's my script.

EDIT: Another thing, wasn't it made kinda clear in the guidelines that there shouldn't really be people on stage without lines, as it's no fun for the actor/actress?

Hi Samuel

You wrote

"I'm nearly ready to send my script off and I'm a bit worried about length (story of my life) at the moment it's 22 pages. I've tried acting it out with the cat and dog to test how long it is but this always ends in a fight so I can never be to sure. Any thoughts?"

I suggest that you consider writing out the dog's parts, they can't remember their lines, miss their cues and always end up chasing the cat. Leave the cat in.

Hope that helps.

I have sent my script to entry@sitcommission.com but I'm still waiting for an acknowledgement of receipt. The Sitcom is called the "Dray Lads" would anyone know if I have sent it to the right email address.