The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 222

Quote: Ben @ February 17 2011, 11:59 PM GMT

I heard that too. Shocking. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE GAME OF THE WORKING CLASS, MAN! I'd love to go, but I'm not paying that.

How else do you expect to pay their wages and prize money? Be fair.

Whatever would Puskás say?!

Something Hungarian probably.

Great week to love North London football; mixed week if you love Spurs or Arsenal.

As it happens I loved both games as adverts for the beautiful game in all its forms, and the London clubs "did good". Now they've split up the CL games we have boring Chelsea and Man U next week. The neutral wants to see Spurs and Arse!

Pleased to see that it includes the price of a first class stamp !

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1595625.html

Still, at least it will deter the touts . . . .

Quote: Badge @ February 18 2011, 12:15 AM GMT

Great week to love North London football; mixed week if you love Spurs or Arsenal.

As it happens I loved both games as adverts for the beautiful game in all its forms, and the London clubs "did good". Now they've split up the CL games we have boring Chelsea and Man U next week. The neutral wants to see Spurs and Arse!

I'm getting a bit of a soft spot for Spurs- my mate at Uni's a Spurs fan, so I've been watching a lot of there games. Really good to watch. Crouchy is class- really underated.

Charity Sheild: Man United 5-0 Chelsea: Rooney 17, 32, 52, Chicharito 63 and Nani 82. That's what I call a game of Fifa. On Legendery, the hardest level aswell.

The Mayor of Crawley is a Manchester United supporter. That f**king says it all doesn't it!

I've often wondered what would happen if there was a rule in football that you could only field players who were born within a ten mile radius of the ground?

The foreign johnnies would be on a plane home but who would be the top clubs?

Crawley perhaps?

Suspose it would still favour those clubs in the big conurbations like London and the West Midlands or North West.

Quote: Chappers @ February 19 2011, 2:25 PM GMT

The Mayor of Crawley is a Manchester United supporter. That f**king says it all doesn't it!

The Mayor of Crawley can probably score a penalty against Everton.

Quote: Mike T @ February 19 2011, 10:11 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Halftime 0-0

Come on the O's

1-1 What a comeback.
Well done Orient.

The cup always is full of wonder.

At the end of the day its eleven blokes againist eleven blokes.

Quote: bigfella @ February 20 2011, 6:37 PM GMT

The cup always is full of wonder.

At the end of the day its eleven blokes againist eleven blokes.

In these David and Golliath cup ties- teams don't really win on ability as the opposite teams up there game so much. They often win due to far superior physical fitness.

Quote: Mike T @ February 19 2011, 10:11 PM GMT

Oh look. Mike makes a comment about football. What a surprise.

It's OK. We won't win the league but I will now bw hoping Arsenal get the league and cup double.

And Manchester United could only beat NON-LEAGUE Crawley one nil at home.

Quote: Chappers @ February 21 2011, 1:11 PM GMT

Oh look. Mike makes a comment about football. What a surprise.

In "The all-in-one consolidatory football thread". Shock horror.

It's OK. We won't win the league but I will now bw hoping Arsenal get the league and cup double.

So? I bet you Chelsea fans haven't seen form this bad since you were Fulham supporters. *Snigger*

And Manchester United could only beat NON-LEAGUE Crawley one nil at home.

Meh, Crawley didn't get this far by being utter shite did they. They had nothing to lose, and lost.

At least Mr Torres is now at a club where his standard level of performance is no different to that of the other 10 players on the pitch.