Coogan Live Page 7

Quote: EllieJP @ December 11 2008, 3:49 PM GMT

I saw Lee Evans, and I was sat on the main floor area with the satge in front of me. That was brilliant.

Coogan I was sat to the left of the stage so it was quite annoying to have to keep looking sideways... also I seemed so far away!!

Cool. I've got seats on the main floor area about 20 rows from the front. :D

That will be great!

Quote: EllieJP @ December 11 2008, 3:49 PM GMT

I saw Lee Evans, and I was sat on the main floor area with the satge in front of me. That was brilliant.

Big fan of sweat, are you?

They showed the latest one over Christmas, did anyone see it?
I haven't watched it yet but I did see his first show live.
Tony Ferrinio inspired me to grow my fake moustache.

Quote: Ben @ October 13 2008, 1:43 PM GMT

Actually, I was never that keen on 'The Man Who Thinks He's It'.

'Live and Lewd' was very good though.

I'll reverse that!
Coogan's last tour got awful reviews, largely 'cos of -a- underpreparation and -b- ticket prices that'd settle third world debt. For me he's always been hit 'n' miss - Partridge was epochal, Coogan's Run was all narrative and no comedy.

I didn't enjoy the one I saw about 1.5 years ago. It was painful!

He came across quite well on the TV broadcast... although I imagine that must have come at the end of the run, by which time he'd actually learnt his words; and obviously there's the power of editing to help too.

Watched Coogans latest stand up tour which was shown recently on Ch4.Really painful.How can the man behind Partridge be so lame-the other characters were utterly dreadful.

Was the tour "Alan Partridge and Other Less Successful characters" ever put out on DVD? If so, does anyone know where I might find a copy to purchase? Thanks

Quote: honora @ February 13 2011, 7:23 AM GMT

Was the tour "Alan Partridge and Other Less Successful characters" ever put out on DVD? If so, does anyone know where I might find a copy to purchase? Thanks

Here you go honora: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/steve_coogan_live/buy/

If you're buying from the USA make sure you can play Region 2 DVDs... https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/dvd_regions/

Massive coogan fan saw a clip of it, not as good as his earlier stuff, the man still is a genius if only for his ability to go into character with ease, if it wasnt for coogan I wouldnt have aspirations myself. All hail king coogan

Bought this on DVD for £3! I've never been keen on most of his other characters apart from Partridge. Not a bad show but not exactly a great one either. I doubt he will ever do another stand up tour after the mauling this one got.