The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 13

Hi Peter

We'd prefer PDF if you could.

Cheers, Declan

Quote: pete jones @ February 11 2011, 9:54 AM GMT

Hi, can I submit my entry in Final Draft?

We've got Final Draft, so we can open your script, but why not export it as a pdf? Then everybody can read it and you don't have to check.

Will do, cheers chaps!

I don't know how to do PDF :(

Quote: bushbaby @ February 11 2011, 11:18 AM GMT

I don't know how to do PFD :(

What do you use? I use Celtx, and you can create a PDF by going to 'Typset/PDF' and go to the top of that, where it says Save as PDF, or something along those lines.

As for Final Draft, I can't remember. I don't have my own full copy, it's in there somewhere.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 11 2011, 11:18 AM GMT

I don't know how to do PDF :(

For those using Microsoft Word (or pretty much anything actually), just install http://www.dopdf.com/ (it's free). Then go to 'print' the document, but instead of selecting your actual paper printer, choose the 'Do PDF' option from the dropdown, and it will make you an electronic PDF :)

They're getting my entry in Word and they'll be greatful.

Because the theatre/stage format on Celtx is different to the examples posted (the character name is not in line with the dialogue, it's on the next line), I'm having to use OpenOffice writer to re-format it (don't currently have a full version of Word, oops) and then change that to a word file which I'll then email to work where I can transform that into a pdf. Phew.

I'm glad this is only a 15 minute Script to start with Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ February 11 2011, 11:44 AM GMT

They're getting my entry in Word and they'll be greatful.

Well, at least turn the spellcheck on!

Dan

Are we allowed to use swear words?

Majority of comedy these days is more adult humour.

:O

On stage, swear words will get big laughs!

Dan

Guys, don't get too worried about formatting. As long as you're thinking about how to stage it, we're not worried about which typeface you use or whether it's in 12pt bold italics.

What we do want to read is something funny, interesting and marketable. If you write that, we'll be too busy wetting ourselves laughing and won't care about anything else.

Are we allowed to use swear words?

Majority of comedy these days is more adult humour.

Of course you can use swear words. Just please, please don't put them in the mouth of a dear sweet old lady. That's been done to death. It's up there with a pensioner talking 'street'.

I've written one script, got mixed reviews. So I'm working on another one, quick time!

Will enter both and hope for the best. Worth a shot.

Shockingly I've been really restrained with swear words (there's a couple of instances of 'pr*ck', a 'bastard' and almost an F Word

Quote: Declan @ February 11 2011, 12:14 PM GMT

Guys, don't get too worried about formatting. As long as you're thinking about how to stage it, we're not worried about which typeface you use or whether it's in 12pt bold italics.

What we do want to read is something funny, interesting and marketable. If you write that, we'll be too busy wetting ourselves laughing and won't care about anything else.

Glad to hear :)