The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 17

Bushbaby, I think it's a case that the early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

glad I'm a mouse then

Quote: Griff @ February 15 2011, 10:40 PM GMT

Bushbaby it's not a punctuality contest, it's sponsored by Hat Trick not Deutsche Bahn.

Rules is rules and I'm a stickler for them, you don't stick to the rules, you're effin' headless. Don't effin' change the goal posts :)

Quote: bushbaby @ February 15 2011, 11:22 PM GMT

Rules is rules and I'm a stickler for them, you don't stick to the rules, you're effin' headless. Don't effin' change the goal posts :)

Use the time to do another entry, bushbaby. You can enter more than one!

If you've sent us a script before the 14th Feb deadline and want to work on it then resubmit for the 28th you're very welcome to do so. Remember nothing has been either accepted or rejected at this stage, consequently nobody is being penalised for entering by the initial deadline.

When we announced the first deadline there was no prize, now there's £5,000 at stake. I think that's a pretty good reason to get redrafting.

Simon

The workshops have now completely sold out.

You can still get feedback on your scripts from our script editors:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/script_editors/

Are HatTrick going to be part of the judging process and if so in what capacity?

Cheers.

Simon and I are choosing the 32, and after that a Hat Trick representative will be reading the 32 and the three of us will decide on the eight to be showcased and the five to go through to the Grand Final.

We're hoping (diary permitting) that Jimmy Mulville will be on the panel in the Grand Final.

Quote: Declan @ February 15 2011, 10:15 PM GMT

Have a guess how many scripts we've received so far... (I'm not going to tell you, but I'd be interested to know how many you think!)

My guess is 750. And I guess it'll be 1500 by the deadline. I know I'm bound to be wildly out, but can't imagine in which direction.

Quote: chipolata @ February 15 2011, 11:28 PM GMT

Use the time to do another entry, bushbaby. You can enter more than one!

Oh yes, why did I not think of that Huh? Laughing out loud

I'd guess about 2000 entries by the 28th :)

Definitely more than 1000 by deadline I reckon. Probably 1200-1300.

Tens of thousands of people who spent the last decade surfing the internet whilst at their desks in the lower reaches of the Civil Service suddenly find themselves high and dry under the coalition cuts and think "Yes!.....I'll use the redundancy money to spend four months chasing my dream. A sitcom about clerical staff who thought they could surf the internet forever"

So I'm guessing 15,000.

Quote: Jinky @ February 16 2011, 11:38 AM GMT

Tens of thousands of people who spent the last decade surfing the internet whilst at their desks in the lower reaches of the Civil Service suddenly find themselves high and dry under the coalition cuts and think "Yes!.....I'll use the redundancy money to spend four months chasing my dream. A sitcom about clerical staff who thought they could surf the internet forever"

So I'm guessing 15,000.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Can you please tell me how you go about having your script looked out? I can't attend the workshops and although I've already submitted the script I'm sure it needs loads of tweeking - any advice or criticism would be considered invaluable.

Hi Susie

Try contacting one of our script editors:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/script_editors/

Cheers, Declan