The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 12

Bloody hell! Actual money! :O :D

Recognition of a job well done to date guys.

So presumably my chances of getting through just plummeted.

I'm not entering the comp Griff, but I'm guessing you may be now?

Cheers for your good wishes.

That's better. Top marks, boys! Excellent news!

Dan

We certainly owe Mark Boosey. The guy is a gem.

Well done guys! Jimmy is the man. I knew someone would snap you up...

My new Diary.

Off to work now until Monday, Univeristy visits Tuesday and Wednesday, back to work Thursday to finish next Monday. Write fantastic 15 minute sitcom to replace other fantastic 15 minute sitcom already submitted, due to new news, re read and is it good enough factor. Back to work following Thursday, mental breakdown in 2 weeks. Oh no too late weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ahh.

Wow, what a great prize. All of a sudden the pressure is on and I feel very nervous.

Well done guys, that's awesome.

And I'm glad I checked in here too, I didn't realise you wanted it in Theatre format. Luckily Celtx is a trusty companion and I'll be able to get it changed fairly fast from screenplay. Also thankful the deadline is slightly later, It would have been a mad day converting it all this weekend!

Quote: Griff @ February 10 2011, 12:26 PM GMT

All across Britain I can hear the sound of Laughing Stock entries being hastily converted to 15-minute stage plays...

Ha, mine is the other way round (I decided to enter Sitcom Mission a while before I decided to to Laughing Stock!) My Ep 1 for this, plus the potential ep two are making up the one episode for that, albeit after a jig around and re-write.

Hi all

As predicted, the Help! I've Written A Script workshop on Feb 20th has sold out, so we're doing another one on Feb 19th also in central London.

Details are here (ignore the bit about Feb 20th!):

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/1/

Cheers, Declan

Excellent news - well done chaps!

I do feel a bit bad for Bryn Mills though - having the runaway winner with Thunderer the year before Hat-Trick get involved. Hope he's got another entry in this year.

What the hell am I saying?? No I don't

That's just the sort of thing that gets me scampering back!

Awesome news - that's grand for ye.

Thunderer! was absolutely phenomenal in my view, so it'd be grand if Bryn were to win at some point after I take the beggar.

How many entries can we submit?

Quote: writer for hire @ February 10 2011, 6:58 PM GMT

How many entries can we submit?

Is the question we get asked the most, and the answer is: 'as many as you like'. There is no limit. All we ask is that each script is funny, original and stageable. That last factor shouldn't be overlooked by the way. We were once sent a script in which a live dog dug up a dead cat onstage. And the cat was alive in the previous scene.

Quote: simon wright @ February 10 2011, 9:05 PM GMT

We were once sent a script in which a live dog dug up a dead cat onstage. And the cat was alive in the previous scene.

In a way, that sounds amazing. Supernatural grave digging, life-giving dogs!

And boo at Celtx, it's Stage format is different from the example used in this thread. A bit of formatting and jiggery-pokery this weekend!

Hi, can I submit my entry in Final Draft?