The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 204

There's a guy I know via Facebook who is a United fan. We both like football and as I follow Liverpool a fair amount of banter goes on between us. Unsurprisingly he has a lot of United fans who are mates so sometimes I get ganged up on but I don't really care. Liverpool aren't great right now but I can at least take it. It seems that some people can't when the boot is on the other foot.

After the Berbagate stuff on Sunday I posted this:

J Orbell (me): "Just thought I'd repost what an old work colleague posted in his feed..."Berbatov man of the match, what for cheating? Do I take it Walcot won man of the match yesterday? At least Walcot admitted it. Anybody scratching the back of his head when answering a question is lying. Watch Berbatov's interview.He is just another overpaid cheat." Anyway, at least we're free now to concentrate on the [Europa] League."

My mate: "Pint of Bitter anyone?"

United person: "Quote Bell end "Anybody scratching the back of his head when answering a question is lying" you work for the FBI then? And "Anyway, at least we're free now to concentrate on the [Europa] League." Try winning it without killing anybody."

That quote I put up was from a lifelong Peterborough United supporter not me. All I was doing was embarking on what is known as banter and I find that a lot of United fans don't seem to know what that is. I'm expected to take it when it's heaped on me so why not the other way round?

You can see that I poked fun at my own team by saying Europa League and then I get called a Bell end by a complete stranger. The won for Christ's sake, they should be happy. Eh?

Quote: Chappers @ January 10 2011, 11:50 AM GMT

What else do you really expect when Manchester United are playing?

And did ferguson do his onligatory interview? I think that every time he refuses to do one he should be banished to the stands for the next game. He thinks he's above the law. And taking his players back from Preston after his son was sacked smacks or pure childishness.

He did do an interview but it wasnt shown at the end of the game (they obvioulsy wanted Dalglish's input more).

It was shown later at 11pm on the highlights show. He only refuses to appear for BBC broadcasts.

Regarding his taking back the players, maybe it's a bit extreme however if you lent your son's employers some vital assets, then they sacked him would you still allow them to use them? Plus, one can argue that the players werent much use anyway - taking into account Preston's precarious league position.

Yes - I know it's the BBC. That's why he's so pathetic. Because they found out the fiddles his other son is involved in. It runs in the family.

I follow five teams: Lincoln, Liverpool, Peterborough, Norwich and Derby.

A year or so ago Derby appointed Clough, not Brian but the next best thing in son Nigel. Last week Liverpool brought back Kenny Dalglish after 20 years and today I hear Darren Fregusson has rejoined POSH.

If this trend continues will Lincoln end up announcing the return of Graham Taylor? Will Norwich do the same with John Bond or son Kevin? It's all the footballing equivalent to Back to the Future.

I hear Norwich are reappointing Bryan Gunn.

One of the game's arseholes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12175278

Want to know how desperate things are at Everton, money-wise? We wanted to take Bellamy on loan, before he went to Cardiff, but couldn't afford his wages. That's right, we lost him to f**king Cardiff!

Quote: catskillz @ January 12 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

Want to know how desperate things are at Everton, money-wise? We wanted to take Bellamy on loan, before he went to Cardiff, but couldn't afford his wages. That's right, we lost him to f**king Cardiff!

I least you won't have to fork out to get him out on bail now though.

Quote: Tuumble @ January 11 2011, 7:41 PM GMT

"Anyway, at least we're free now to concentrate on the [Europa] League." Try winning it without killing anybody."

:O :O :O Laughing out loud

Quote: Tuumble @ January 12 2011, 11:56 AM GMT

I follow five teams: Lincoln, Liverpool, Peterborough, Norwich and Derby.

A year or so ago Derby appointed Clough, not Brian but the next best thing in son Nigel. Last week Liverpool brought back Kenny Dalglish after 20 years and today I hear Darren Fregusson has rejoined POSH.

If this trend continues will Lincoln end up announcing the return of Graham Taylor? Will Norwich do the same with John Bond or son Kevin? It's all the footballing equivalent to Back to the Future.

Somebody should write a sketch about it. Whistling nnocently

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/19783/

Quote: catskillz @ January 12 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

I thought Man City specified he couldn't go to a Premier League club?

Quote: Chappers @ January 12 2011, 5:27 PM GMT

I hear Norwich are reappointing Bryan Gunn.

I do hope so. Bryan Gunn is a comedy LEGEND at my little ol' footy club

see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eth6hYOK_jU

See you at the Emirates then.

:D

From the BBC website . .

You couldn't make it up !

Two Dundee United footballers have been questioned by police in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault.

BBC Scotland understands the players are David Goodwillie and David Robertson.

Cheating bastards have done it again. What the f**k happened to the respect campaign? Oh yes - I forgot. Ferguson is their manager. He encourages it and they (nearly) get away with murder.

Apparently Rafael should've gone in the first half, Rooney abuses the referee and only gets a yellow, Ferdinand keeps harranguing the ref when he's no longer captain. Typcal f**king Manchester United. Do you understand why I hate the c**ts now?

Quote: Chappers @ January 16 2011, 6:54 PM GMT

Do you understand why I hate the c**ts now?

Did Matt Busby steal your dinner money at school?

Quote: Chappers @ January 16 2011, 6:54 PM GMT

Cheating bastards have done it again. What the f**k happened to the respect campaign? Oh yes - I forgot. Ferguson is their manager. He encourages it and they (nearly) get away with murder.

Apparently Rafael should've gone in the first half, Rooney abuses the referee and only gets a yellow, Ferdinand keeps harranguing the ref when he's no longer captain. Typcal f**king Manchester United. Do you understand why I hate the c**ts now?

Pint of bitter anyone?

On the subject of the match, Fletcher was absolutely abysmal today. As he is most days.