The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 205

I have to say that, of all the people I've never met yet have an overwhelming desire to beat their faces to a pulp, Ferguson is number one by a country mile.

Quote: Chappers @ January 16 2011, 6:54 PM GMT

Cheating bastards have done it again. What the f**k happened to the respect campaign? Oh yes - I forgot. Ferguson is their manager. He encourages it and they (nearly) get away with murder.

Apparently Rafael should've gone in the first half, Rooney abuses the referee and only gets a yellow, Ferdinand keeps harranguing the ref when he's no longer captain. Typcal f**king Manchester United. Do you understand why I hate the c**ts now?

Did you watch the game Dave? The Rafael sending off was a terrible decision by a terrible ref. There's no way Rafael "should've gone in the first half" - what for? He rightly got a yellow.

Spurs were the better side but it wasn't a great game and a draw wasn't unfair on either side.

I got a comedy sketch (as co-writer) made by BBC Comedy online last week, my first non-radio commission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ust7KL4_Fuc

As it's football themed I thought I would post it here and not in critique section.

Well done! :) I shall watch later when I'm at home.

Quote: Trabs @ January 17 2011, 10:34 AM GMT

I got a comedy sketch (as co-writer) made by BBC Comedy online last week, my first non-radio commission:

As it's football themed I thought I would post it here and not in critique section.

Nice work, I won't spoilt it for the others but I thought the parts with Rio Ferdinand and Kenny Dalglish were particularly inspired.

Quote: Badge @ January 17 2011, 12:40 AM GMT

Did you watch the game Dave? The Rafael sending off was a terrible decision by a terrible ref. There's no way Rafael "should've gone in the first half" - what for? He rightly got a yellow.

Spurs were the better side but it wasn't a great game and a draw wasn't unfair on either side.

Look - there's no use trying to make me see reason where Manchester United are concerned.

Quote: Trabs @ January 17 2011, 10:34 AM GMT

Love it Trabs
Stick it in Showcase

I was just watching a re-run of the 1982 League Cup Final between Liverpool and Spurs which Liverpool won 3-1.

There was a great bit at the end - as Souness went up to collect the trophy he was desperately wiping his nose with his hand before wiping the snot off on his shirt. Who was doing the presentation? Sir Matt Busby. It was very touching to see this traditional Manchester-Liverpool greeting. :D

Oh, and in one shot at the final whistle you had three former managers in Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Kenny Dalglish. On top of that you had Phil Thompson and Ronnie Moran who have both been caretaker manager as well as Sammy Lee who is assistant manager.

Liverpool Sign Bent!

http://miniurl.com/87865

Badum-Tssshhh!!! :D

Thanks for the kind words about the sketch people.

Former Tottenham striker Bent will cost Villa £18m - which will smash the club's transfer record - and his move will be completed on Tuesday.
Full story: Birmingham Mail

Or, Villa will pay £24m for the 26-year-old forward.
Full story: Daily Mail

----

Are they bonkers? In what universe in Darren Bent worth £24m? Anything above £15m is a joke and that's pushing it.

Quote: Tuumble @ January 18 2011, 4:23 PM GMT

Are they bonkers? In what universe in Darren Bent worth £24m? Anything above £15m is a joke and that's pushing it.

If his goals save them from relegation he'll be worth every penny.

Quote: Rob H @ January 18 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

If his goals save them from relegation he'll be worth every penny.

That's a fair comment. Anything over half a dozen would be a reasonable return I guess and if they stay up they'll probably think it was worth it.

Quote: Tuumble @ January 18 2011, 10:40 PM GMT

That's a fair comment. Anything over half a dozen would be a reasonable return I guess and if they stay up they'll probably think it was worth it.

I agree with your previous comments, re amounts, but he's a proven goalscorer and I think he'll get at least that.

Now all I want is Fulham to bloody sign someone similar. I'm not holding my breath.

Having now checked, his record isn't at all bad - a goal every 2.5 games. He hasn't really been given a proper chance at international level as his seven caps have come over the last six seasons but £24m for England squad player just seems absurd to me.