The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 210

Heh.
I don't remember hearing about Alan Shearer, what's he been up to?

Nothing. I just really dislike him as well. I'm sure they could find something to stick him with.

I've had a horrible thought; this could mean a promotion for Jamie Redknapp.

*shudders*

Quote: PhQnix @ January 25 2011, 4:51 PM GMT

Nothing. I just really dislike him as well. I'm sure they could find something to stick him with.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ January 25 2011, 4:23 PM GMT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350425/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-fresh-storm-lewd-sexist-behaviour.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Just in the interests of fairness, I think that video's a bit silly, can't really call it incriminating.

Where does this "evidence" come from??? Has sky suddenly thought we had better go over the footage of 1000's of rehersals of programs?

Quote: PhQnix @ January 25 2011, 4:45 PM GMT

English football is not as knuckle-dragging as it may appear and this makes me so happy! :D

I bet it is. Whistling nnocently

a world in which Andy Gray isn't on my TV is an improvement. Something happened here today... Something good.

Quote: bigfella @ January 25 2011, 4:57 PM GMT

Where does this "evidence" come from??? Has sky suddenly thought we had better go over the footage of 1000's of rehersals of programs?

Seems like Sky were looking for something to get rid of Andy Gray for anyway. He's suing Murdoch's News of the World, not too surprising that they're sacking him to be honest.

There we are then.

Don't piss off Rupert.

Reading the BBC news, it seems the offical in the centre of the first outcry has been dropped from her match at the weekend. Which seems to be a very stupid decision.

Quote: bigfella @ January 25 2011, 5:16 PM GMT

There we are then.

Don't piss off Rupert.

Reading the BBC news, it seems the offical in the centre of the first outcry has been dropped from her match at the weekend. Which seems to be a very stupid decision.

Seems very sensible to me. Think how much scrutiny she'll be under through no fault of her own? You can bet there'd be hundreds of newspaper lenses trained on her every move. Better to take her out of the spotlight until it dies down.

Anyway, surely this whole affair is a great opportunity for the rehabilitation of Robbie Earle? I know he's been sorely missed from TV coverage, and he's been instrumental in helping women in football (even getting them into World Cup matches).

Quote: Badge @ January 25 2011, 8:26 PM GMT

Seems very sensible to me. Think how much scrutiny she'll be under through no fault of her own? You can bet there'd be hundreds of newspaper lenses trained on her every move. Better to take her out of the spotlight until it dies down.

it won't die down until she does her first match though.

Its like when you fall off a bike, you have to get straight back on.

( I confess I did think the game was at the weekend though not tonight)

Whilst watching a pale faced lesbian on TV this morning, bemoaning the comments made by Mr Keyes and Mr Gray, I couldn't help thinking that I must have dreamed about 30+ poor people being blown to bits in a Moscow airport.

Personally, I can't see what Andy Gray's problem is with female linesmen/"referee's assistants". Especially this bird, who from the footage on Sky Sports I saw, looks like she has a pretty nice arse. So Gray simply shows his ignorance and reactionary nature - as what red-blooded man (other than the poofs, of course - who shouldn't be at the football anyway) wouldn't happily sit and watch the match with the added bonus of a lovely bum wiggling up and down the line in front of him?

It's the 20th Century, Andy, accept it!

Quote: Will Cam @ January 25 2011, 8:36 PM GMT

Whilst watching a pale faced lesbian on TV this morning,

You're definitely picking on the right person in this situation, Will!

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 25 2011, 8:42 PM GMT

Personally, I can't see what Andy Gray's problem is with female linesmen/"referee's assistants". Especially this bird, who from the footage on Sky Sports I saw, looks like she has a pretty nice arse. So Gray simply shows his ignorance and reactionary nature - as what red-blooded man (other than the poofs, of course) wouldn't happily sit and watch the match with the added bonus of a lovely bum wiggling up and down the line in front of him?

It's the 20th Century, Andy, accept it!

Laughing out loud