After You've Gone - Series 1 Page 6

Even though I kina regard 24 eps a mistake, wouldn't be great for your fave British sitcom like Only Fools to have that many eps?

That's it. Three episodes is enough for me.

You know, the theme music is good, the structure is pretty much there but the dialogue just gets worse. When the girl came into the bar and Jimmy said, "Guess what?" and she said, "You're pregnant." How does that sort of stuff stand up after a read through? I can just see Amanada Abbington's partner, Martin Freeman, doing his 'Tim' look when he heard it.

And why were they talking about Bob The Builder for two minutes of a comedy? It beggars belief sometimes.

One final thing is that the problem with scripts that come together at the end is that you can see how they're going to come together minutes beforehand. And personally, I'd rather be surprised by what happens next.

After the promising opening episode this series has gone downhill fast. I agree that the 'you're pregnant' line was awful and there were some jokes anybody on the planet could have come up with. For example, the daughter says 'we're not babies you know' and the son immediately does something babyish. Now that type of humour can work fine if there is some imagination from the writers but here there was none.

I still find it entertaining enough to watch, but I'm rather beginning to agree. Some of the dialogue, particularly I thought from the daughter, is just cringeworthy, and although there are some quite good lines, others fall flat. Still, as has been said, the framwork is there for a good show, so I'll stick with it and hope that it improves at some point. Not going to place any bets though.

Danni Harmer (the daughter, Molly) is wonderful and she can really do comedy brilliantly.

You're a Tracy Beaker fan, ain't ya? - I like it too actually. (Some episodes written by TV's Emma Kennedy!)

Harmer is a good actress and I'm sure she'll be in something good again eventually.

She strikes me as a bit of a self-righteous twat, but perhaps that's just an impression I've got from her characters. Interested to see her in something different.

Quote: Aaron @ January 27, 2007, 6:45 PM

She strikes me as a bit of a self-righteous twat.

Well, she did go to drama school.

Haha, very good. :)

I just think its a boring generic sitcom in a can, made straight for prime-time with no imagination and little actual comedy.

It's not as bad as some title's of the same ilk, such as "According To Bex", but thats kind of like saying dysentery is better than ebola.

Quote: Aaron @ January 27, 2007, 6:45 PM

She strikes me as a bit of a self-righteous twat, but perhaps that's just an impression I've got from her characters. Interested to see her in something different.

I don't think she seems self-rightious at all. I think she, like the rest of the cast, are battling with a re weak script. She can do comedy and I think it shows.

:D Actually, I've never seen Tracy Beaker - I keep meaning to though and always look for it in the Radio Times. I think it passed me by though, being a few years older than the target audience (I turned eighteen last week).

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that this thread has stretched out over 6 pages!

Well there are seven episodes to talk about.

OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Just to say that Dani Harmer is not in the least bit a self righteous twat. She is a geniune down to earth grounded individual who really enjoys what she does in the way of acting. The script may seem weak but i'm really enjoying it. But then again i'm very biased. You should catch an episode of Tracy Beaker its cool. The later series' are better.