After You've Gone - Series 1 Page 10

Quote: Dave @ April 5, 2007, 10:53 PM

I'M SO GLAD IT'S COMMING BACK!

With the 8 eps plus special, and the first series, there will have been 17 episodes in this year alone.

I can't believe it! More Nick Lyndhurst!

I hope it comes out on dvd or gets shown on ABC TV (eventually). I'm a massive fan of Nicholas Lyndhurst in both OFAH & Goodnight Sweetheart. Now that there will be a second series there is more chance of me getting series one. :)

I'm hoping to get it on DVD when it comes out too. I don't know if it will be on ABC, though, I thought that was just American shows that were on the ABC channel in America, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's not as good as Goodnight Sweetheart but it's still fun. Goodnight Sweetheart benefitted from its somewhat sci-fi plot, which gave it a secondry layer and more diamentonality.

Have you seen The Piglet Files which he did from 1990-1992. It's on Region 1 DVD on Amazon.com. It's a spy spoof series and is really really funny! PM me if you haven't seen it and want more information.

Quote: Dave @ April 17, 2007, 10:29 PM

I don't know if it will be on ABC, though, I thought that was just American shows that were on the ABC channel in America, but maybe I'm wrong.

Good job that it's ABC in Australia being discussed then, eh? :)

Bump!

Just been reading back through the thread, and a little surprised I didn't say more at the time, but after that Coming of Age thing (which was really, well, not good - but for some reason I still enjoyed and do want to see more), and now the beginning of the second series (and watching the first again a few times), I've definitely got warmer towards Dani Harmer. Some of the lines, at times, do come across a bit weird and snotty, but I guess that comes from the character's age more than anything else. Certainly my opinion of her is not as scathing as it previously was! :$

*Googles* God, where do I know her from?

Tracey Beaker, you amateur.

Best kids show evah.

You obviously never saw, "Woof!" then?

I did! Was ace. But it ain't no Tracey Beaker.

A boy turns into a dog, what more do you want?

Woof!... Leg-end.

I though it After You've Gone was less good the other night - though the performances did inhance it. I can't believe Jimmy said, "Fffff...flip!" And then Lee Mack did the same thing in Not Going Out. Can't these writers think of anything funny to say? There's a perfect oppatunity for a joke there, but the writers just missed it.

As soon as I saw the credit, "written by Ian Brown and James Hendie" I groaned with dismay. Why are these two still working for the BBC?

Who are Ian Brown and James Hendie then? Nothing to do with Stone Roses?

Do they have a bad pedigree then becauseI can't say I've ever heard of them.

Yes David, they're not well liked around here. They've worked on quite a lot between them, notably quite a bit of My Family, and that awful show with Samantha Janus last year (?). Home Again. That's the one.

Obviously though they've got a formula that makes them money.

I like lots of My Family. I know its a team job but again I've no idea of any of its writers.

Just bought this for a fiver.

I still like it.

I'm easily pleased though.