After You've Gone - Series 1

Fred Barron's new sitcom After You've Gone starts this Friday. Is it going to be another huge hit like My Family or will it turn out to be a stinker like his last (According To Bex)?

Post up your thoughts and reviews here!

Note: If you missed the programme a preview clip can be seen on the BBC website. It's repeated at 5:10pm on Sunday too.

Aren't Fred Barron's show's pretty much critic proof? This show's already had quite a pasting in some newspapers, and it's premise seems hackneyed to the nth degree, yet it'll probally pull in a respectable audience and get commissioned for a second series.

Went to see an episode of this being recorded and it was quite good. Certainly better than I expected. Nothing outstanding but was at least funny and had an interesting plotline (from what I recall).

It's about a million times better than the toss that was Home Again, also by Fred Barron. Seeing that recorded was more a chore and free tickets were still too expensive.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 11, 2007, 11:12 AM

It's about a million times better than the toss that was Home Again, also by Fred Barron. Seeing that recorded was more a chore and free tickets were still too expensive.

Dan

It was Home Again that stopped me throwing in the towel on my Sitcom last year. Watching that every week to see if it was still shite kept me going.

... once you've got your foot in the door -- you can write whatever you like, it seems ;-)

Well, I'll be watching. I'm not betting on it being utter hilarity, but hopefully it'll be watchable.

The trailer have a My Family / Home Again feel to them, which from my point of view is very bad thing but will have to see, finger cross it’s a good one.

I like Celia Imrie

Barry

Just watched the clip and it didn't seem too bad.

I liked the vampire joke anyway. Fingers crossed

Just tried the clip and couldn't get it to play. Celia Imrie was on Womans Hour this morning and they plaid a couple of bits that made me laugh. One of the jokes was about her being a vampire though, which seems like it's the bit on the web. Let's hope it's not the only good joke in it.

I'll definately watch it, albeit because I refuse to watch celebrity based progs or reality TV, channel 4 getting a double whammy with Celeb BB, soap operas, rules out ITV and I absolutly have no interest in growing my own veg, there goes BBC 2.

Bring on After You've Gone.

Can Barron sink any lower than According to Bex? Can I be arsed to tune in and find out? I seriously doubt it. Think I'll watch the programme about growing your own veg, or maybe go out and get drunk.

Have to say, I really liked it. A few obvious lines, but very funny on the whole I thought. A good start to the year. :)

a bit middle class i thouhgt, would have been funnier if lyndhurst had a cockney accent maybe. apart from that there were some good lines although its unlikely it will run for another series seen as the mother is only gone for 8 weeks

Well I didn’t hate it, which is a good start, as I usually hate Fred Barron efforts.

I’ll wait to see what next week brings.

I’m left wondering how a Handyman and nurse can afford a house like that.

Barry

i really enjoyed it, yes i agree Aaron there was a few obvious parts, to be honest i tuned in expecting this to be quite crap but i was surprised, i enjoyed.

I didn't like it much but i only laughed once, maybe it's because i was flicking through the channels. I've never been a fan of Lyndhurst but Celia Imrie was quite good.

I just hope Paul Roses sitcom gets comissioned, it's gone to a second pilot.