Comedy.co.uk Awards 2010 Page 2

Maybe it's in the returning sitcoms!

Quote: zooo @ January 2 2011, 11:34 PM GMT

Maybe it's in the returning sitcoms!

Cheers Zooo, what a plum I am :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ January 2 2011, 11:31 PM GMT

I can't seem to find Phone Shop in the opening 'Best New TV Sitcom 2010' category. (This is not an ironic post.)

You have to remember that some sitcoms had pilots in previous years and thus these are not new. For example, The Persuasionists had a full series this year, and the pilot for that was in 2007.

I've voted and I've Tweeted and Facebook'd the link.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 3 2011, 1:20 PM GMT

I've voted and I've Tweeted and Facebook'd the link.

You hear that Mark? I hope you have extra server capacity lined up. Ellie's mates are coming.

Ha - I would say maybe 2 might do it. Actually, yeah, sort out the server.

Just voted. Although classing a show as returning after a pilot seems wrong somehow, even if it is technically right.

Why isn't Roger & Val Have Just Got In on the list for best new sitcom?

I smell conspiracy/incompetency! Angry

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 5 2011, 6:28 PM GMT

Why isn't Roger & Val Have Just Got In on the list for best new sitcom?

I smell conspiracy/incompetency! Angry

I think it's in comedy drama.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 5 2011, 6:28 PM GMT

I think it's in comedy drama.

Why? It's a sitcom. More of a sitcom than The Trip in fact... Who's running this debacle? Unimpressed

And to echo Chip, WTF are broadcast pilots doing in the 'Best New Sitcom' category? Why not include non-broadcast pilots as well - one of them might have been great!? One episode of a sitcom, however good it is, is not enough to make a show a potential award winner.

And I see The Persuasionists (which had a non-broadcast pilot, God-knows-when) is on the list for 'Best Returning Sitcom', along with PhoneShop (which had a 2009 broadcast pilot)... Errr ...This whole system of selection is madness! Sheer madness!!

(On the plus side, Come Fly With Me is rightly classed as a sketch show for the awards - pity its BCG forum thread is still residing in the 'Sitcom' section.)

Just did my votes. Had to skip all of the radio sections as I don't listen to the radio. I'm probably missing out.

Took some pleasure in voting Tramadol Nights the worst in as many categories as possible.

Don't agree with the inclusion of one-offs and specials in sitcom category though. I would have voted Psychoville but I won't until I've seen the series. Don't think they deserve a win with a one off. Would have been nice to see a separate 'one off' category for specials and pilots.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 5 2011, 7:13 PM GMT

Took some pleasure in voting Tramadol Nights the worst in as many categories as possible.

Is it listed in the 'Best Radio Sitcom' category? Wouldn't surprise me...

Stop bloody moaning!! :D

It's not really just "moaning" to complain about the fact that I can't vote for my favourite sitcom of the year because it's not listed in the correct bloody section... is it?

"This place is going to the dogs..." *wanders away, muttering to self* :(

Moaning Minnie.