Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Mark @ December 23 2010, 7:53 PM GMT

but the black coffee shop worker is portrayed as work-shy and steals from her employers...

On the positive side, at least they're showing a black person with a job, which surely must be a first in British television? Maybe the character will become some kind of aspirational role model? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 23 2010, 7:57 PM GMT

On the positive side, at least they're showing a black person with a job, which surely must be a first in British television? Maybe the character will become some kind of aspirational role model? :)

What about Lenny Henry as Chef!? Or Psychoville's Tea Lea- Oh.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 23 2010, 7:57 PM GMT

Don Warrington as a Crown Court Judge in New Street Law is just about as aspirational a role model for black youngsters as one might reasonably wish for, I think.

Oh dear. That was painful. Half an hour but seemed much much longer.

Unlikeable characters in laboured situations with obvious punchlines.

I found it enjoyable. Not scream out loud laughter, but several laughs from me.

Raised the odd smile.

It wasn't great, that's a fact - but a friend who works for an airline tells me the overall portrayal of the industry is spot on.

:D

Liked the old lady and the Japanese girls song.

Laughed out loud quite a few times.

I liked the dead dog sign through the window, but overall seemed dated. It would have worked better 15 years ago.

I find it disappointing that as soon as a black character is portayed in a less than positive light, even in a comedy, there are accusations of racism.

It was OK, Japanese girls were the best.

The two paparazzi wanting to photograph those current hot stars the Spice Girls was desperately dated. Obviously Geri Halliwell was the only person they could get.
Also the Jap girls hankering after Martin Clunes? Maybe he was scheduled to appear but pulled out after he saw the badness.

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 25 2010, 10:56 PM GMT

The two paparazzi wanting to photograph those current hot stars the Spice Girls was desperately dated. Obviously Geri Halliwell was the only person they could get.
Also the Jap girls hankering after Martin Clunes? Maybe he was scheduled to appear but pulled out after he saw the badness.

They said on The Chris Moyles show that they had a big American star in episode 2 but that none of the press copies contained the scene they were in to keep it a secret.

Quote: Cheesehoven @ December 25 2010, 10:56 PM GMT

The two paparazzi wanting to photograph those current hot stars the Spice Girls was desperately dated.

Is it dated? Pics of the Spice Girls are still saleable in 2010 - and the two guys did make it clear that some of the Spices were more saleable than others.

Not as bad as Little Britain.

Martin Clunes song was best. They are NOT good at non-English accents.