Come Fly With Me - Series 1

The BBC Comedy Blog has posted the first image from Come Fly With Me.

The first thing that came into my head was Spike Milligan and Curry & Chips. On that basis, I'm guessing it will bomb.

Or The High Life.

I don't hold much hope.

Oh dear

I rather enjoy Curry & Chips, and can't quite believe the judgements being made in one posed photograph - it's not even a still from the series.

It looks so much like an unwanted extra from a Little Britain DVD.

And ironic blacking up is not a good indicator.

And somebody has to think of Curry and Chips with affection. In the same way someone has to write to sex offenders.

Quote: sootyj @ September 2 2010, 6:55 PM GMT

And somebody has to think of Curry and Chips with affection. In the same way someone has to write to sex offenders.

Yeah sure, sooty, write to them if you must. Just don't request they send you their used underwear, that's all we're saying.

Anyway...

Here's some preview-type clips from the BBC comedy trough, for all you Little Britain fans to eagerly snaffle on like the greedy laughter swine you truly are...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/show/b00trc9v/come_fly_with_me/

Right, now that's done, may I be the first person in the country to say (well in advance of the first episode being broadcast) that - though I initially found Lucas & Walliams comedy characters inventive and humourous - by the 2nd series I found this show repetitive, limited and irritating.

This one's apparently much less crude than Little Britain. I for one think they're both very talented individuals, and hope that this is a return to the form they showed in their early careers.

Seen the preview clips, seems like the usual Walliams and Lucas fare. Will probably give it a go but I'm surprised this is being set as a 'mockumentary'. Isn't that premise a bit dated?

Quote: Millsy @ December 21 2010, 12:25 PM GMT

Seen the preview clips, seems like the usual Walliams and Lucas fare. Will probably give it a go but I'm surprised this is being set as a 'mockumentary'. Isn't that premise a bit dated?

The Melody and Keeley preview clip made me laugh, so I've got high hopes for this.

I know what you mean about the 'mockumentary' style having been done to death now, but I can see why they've done it. If you read the interview with them in our guide, they say they went for that style as it allows them another comic angle - i.e. the characters can act differently when they know they're being filmed.

I think it's just a comedy genre now. As with anything else, we don't want too much of the same kind of thing at the same time. There is probably not a lot of them on at the moment.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this as I'm massive Walliams and Lucas fan. Without them I wouldn't be doing comedy but series of three of Little Britain and the US version really weren't to my tastes. Series one is masterpiece of sketch comedy and people forget how good that first series was. The radio shows were amazing too. I loved the one off characters so I hope they got more of that in this.

Quote: James Cotter @ December 21 2010, 3:06 PM GMT

Without them I wouldn't be doing comedy

Yes, but there must also be many arguments to be made in Lucas & Walliams's defence...

;)

Everything I have seen on this so far looks good.

The clips I've seen have been promising, so I'll be giving this a look.