Peep Show - Series 7 Page 7

Odd... Probably the most contrived and labourious episode of PS I've ever seen. It all felt forced and mechanical, a Peep-Show-by-numbers. Hope it was just the show having a bad day at the office.

Very good episode. I look forward to discussing the poor viewing figures now.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 3 2010, 10:35 PM GMT

Odd... Probably the most contrived and labourious episode of PS I've ever seen. It all felt forced and mechanical, a Peep-Show-by-numbers. Hope it was just the show having a bad day at the office.

I thought there were some bits that didn't ring true - Gerard and Mark playing with their figures on the bed, Internet guy suddenly turning borish at the end - but I thought it worked very well.

There were bits I really liked, the bit that he's just a good dad and likes being a dad was a neato anti joke.,

He can offer a contract to Man Feelings and humiliates them and oh no he can't.

Was a bit been there seen it done it

Gerard is VERY good at toy shooting noises.

NO HE ISN'T!

Cyber Men weapons go

Eeeezap not pazow

as you bloody well know!

Lolll.
Well, I don't know that the sound matched the toy. But it was a very good noise in and of itself.

Average I thought. I smiled and chuckled a few times but wasn't a laugh out loud episode. Some scenes were just bizarre.
I did love the 'Corfu 06?' line between Mark and Gerard though :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2010, 10:40 PM GMT

Very good episode. I look forward to discussing the poor viewing figures now. I thought there were some bits that didn't ring true

I also thought that Mitchell's and (particularly) Webb's performances were unusually heavy-handed, almost mannered. And the writing, which is usually such a strong point of the show, lacked its usual sharpness. There was noticeably more expositional dialogue, whilst the gag lines weren't as efficiently ruthless as they normally are. It's all a matter of tiny degrees, of course, but it didn't feel like an episode which had been brutally honed into shape. It felt - dare one say it - like a filler episode which had been cobbled together to fulfil a couple of story arcs, but which didn't really stand alone on its own two feet. The culmination of all this was, most importantly, I didn't laugh much.

I love this show and I'm almost certain that a really cracking episode is just around the corner, but tonight's was (by Peep Show's high standards) pretty weak.

I do find the object of Jeremy's affection quite dull and uninspiring. Which is odd as Peep Show normally does some great female characters.

I'm sure there was a character just like her on Hollyoaks, the last time I watched it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 3 2010, 10:35 PM GMT

Peep-Show-by-numbers.

For me the 'by numbers' seemed more like 'authenticity'. They stuck to their guns and gave us a normal, solid episode.

Thought the Yalta stuff was good, and there were some nice lines, as always. Didn't understand the point of comparing action figures to X box. Although there is a valid comparison to be made, it needs to be made funnily.

Well I enjoyed it; no it wasn't an all time great Peep episode, but it was still very good. Loved the Dobby Club.

I want to join the Dobby Club. I would literally stab a baby to get in.

Did I miss it or was the baby's name not revealed? If it wasn't then I presume this will feature in a future storyline.

It's Ian, isn't it? That's what it says in the BCG Guide to Series 7. Can't remember if it's actually been mentioned in the show, though

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ December 4 2010, 1:25 PM GMT

I want to join the Dobby Club. I would literally stab a baby to get in.

Until then you're just jacking off to Corfu '06 like the rest of us, eh?