Peep Show - Series 7 Page 4

Nice start.

Agree about the slow start, but the last 8 minutes or so were classic. Mark half-consciously fleeing the scene had me rolling.

I thought it was a great episode. Up there with the funniest they've made.

I'm not a regular watcher but last nights rang a big bell with me, birth and trying to avoid it all.. the wife kept giving me "ah now I understand what you were up to" looks...

Wow. (Some) men really are useless...

Quote: zooo @ November 27 2010, 12:55 PM GMT

Wow. (Some) men really are useless...

It wouldn't have been that amusing, or true to character, if Mark had just stayed throughout and been a great birthing partner.

'A useless gnome, fishing for turds.' Laughing out loud

I loved that his boiler and his baby were about equal. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 27 2010, 3:30 PM GMT

It wouldn't have been that amusing, or true to character, if Mark had just stayed throughout and been a great birthing partner.

True!
But then sidecar jon made it real. *shakes head in disappointment*
;)

Babies are about as aesthetically appealing as boilers.

I would certainly rather pop out a kitten. (Than either a baby or a boiler.)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a290191/peep-show-returns-to-gloomy-ratings.html

Oh dear. :(

I only saw two trailers for it, and they were the day before it was on. (And I watch a lot of TV!) Maybe they didn't do enough publicity.

They certainly haven't done enough promotion for the show, but then they never do. I think there was one series a few years back that they even had street posters advertising the show, but they've given up since then. They probably think it makes no difference after so many series, the people who want to watch it already are.

I would imagine that, seeing as how it has a relatively small audience anyway, the fact people could watch it online instead and first would impact those already mystifyingly modest TV figures. So perhaps that will turn out to be a bit of a mistake.

Quote: zooo @ November 27 2010, 7:12 PM GMT

I only saw two trailers for it, and they were the day before it was on. (And I watch a lot of TV!) Maybe they didn't do enough publicity.

It might also have something to do with the fact that the show before it - The Event - isn't performing very well and depressing the viewing figures. Last year they had shows like 8 Out Of 10 Cats(?) slingshotting a more natural comedy audience into it.

Quote: zooo @ November 27 2010, 3:39 PM GMT

I loved that his boiler and his baby were about equal. :D

True!
But then sidecar jon made it real. *shakes head in disappointment*
;)

I was there for the conception, what more do you want ah?