The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 183

Well done Northampton! (They have a soft spot in my heart as I went to Uni there and we used to go watch matches from the mound outside the stand).

Well f**k me! Another 3-0 from the mighty super hoops today.

Played 8
Won 7, drawn 1
Goals scored 22
Goals conceded 2.

Come on you Rs

Beats our new logo everytime

Quote: EllieJP @ September 23 2010, 10:22 AM BST

we used to go watch matches from the mound outside the stand).

We had a similar mound at my late, lamented, Cradley Heath Speedway.

It was called Scotsman's Hill !

:P

My neighbor has adopted Aston Villa so we're at a pub watching the game. No beer served on Sundays until 10, so we keep running out to the car for sneaky home-brews.

Quote: DaButt @ September 26 2010, 3:15 PM BST

My neighbor has adopted Aston Villa so we're at a pub watching the game. No beer served on Sundays until 10, so we keep running out to the car for sneaky home-brews.

Your neighbour has chosen wisely, DaButt :)

Was everyone aware that Michael McIntyre was a hardcore Spud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2OAiCGQDlY

United are shite this season but not as shite as the 'pool. Silver lining etc.

Quote: Will Cam @ September 25 2010, 10:57 PM BST

Come on you Rs

Yes, up the Rs. :P

Chelsea still going well - but my other team Sutton United just played local rivals Kingstonian tonight at their place.

We were all over them in the first half without scoring - then they got a couple of dodgy decisions and as always happens in local derbies - end up scoring with about three minutes left to win the bloody game. We're still top though - just above them on goal difference.

Quote: Mike T @ September 23 2010, 1:09 AM BST

Give the cup to Utd now and save time :D

It's the only way they'd win anything this season.

Pleased to see Kevin Davies in the England squad at last. It should've happened years ago.

Sorry to post this on two threads, but it does kind of fit the remit of both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO55BazkiZ4

These men are ruining a club my granddad started supporting and going to see in the 1930's, my dad in the 1950's, and me in the 1980's.

I ask all genuine fans of the game to give it a view, and if you could boost its rating and or leave a comment of support (whatever your club) we would we be exceptionally grateful. Many thanks.

Quote: Trabs @ October 5 2010, 10:15 PM BST

These men are ruining a club my granddad started supporting and going to see in the 1930's, my dad in the 1950's, and me in the 1980's.

I ask all genuine fans of the game to give it a view, and if you could boost its rating and or leave a comment of support (whatever your club) we would we be exceptionally grateful. Many thanks.

I love it when a former big club gets so smug and thinks their too good to go down. Remember Leeds? Remember Nottingham Forest?

Sorry, couldn't understand a word of that. Could do with some subtitles.

I just worry if I'm supposed to know who all those people are. I know some but are they all celebs or are some ordinary fans?

Quote: Chappers @ October 5 2010, 11:38 PM BST

I love it when a former big club gets so smug and thinks their too good to go down. Remember Leeds? Remember Nottingham Forest?

It's not about going down, or about winning things (my family have supported this club from the old 2nd division days - no Johnny-come-latelys or fashionistas here), it's about not wanting an institution that I love, that my family love, that many of my closest friends love, to have it's heritage raped by greedy self-serving bastards. The calls for the Americans to go where loud and clear when we were whisker away from winning the league the season before last.

When the Glazer's took over at United it disgusted and me and it still does. It makes me proud as a genuine football fan to see the yellow and green scarves on display at Old Trafford, and I hope that both of us are successful in throwing off the shackles of our cancerous owners.

All empires crumble, and maybe one day we will be back in a lower division, but if that's the case, I don't want it to be because some greedy shits with no understanding of our club, or the wider importance of football itself to a community, thought that they could make themselves a quick buck.

Quote: Splodge @ October 5 2010, 11:46 PM BST

Sorry, couldn't understand a word of that. Could do with some subtitles.

:P

I think it's Murdoch that all these football fans should be shouting at, not the current owners.

They were just sucked into the Premiership by the lure of Sky cash.

Good on ya Yanks - suck 'em down.

Go and watch REAL football for a tenner.