The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 180

Apparently they're going to pass out lyric sheets to the fans at Goodison, on Sunday, with the lyrics to a load of funny songs people have made up.

I can't believe Man Utd f**king drew.

Quote: Ben @ September 11 2010, 7:44 PM BST

What a finish to a game - unbelievable scenes.

I didn't even see the end. It was 3-1 with a couple of minutes to go, so I thought I'd go up town. I checked Ceefax later and couldn't believe my eyes.

United fans now know what it's like for the rest of us with injury time goals. A minor redress of the balance.

Didn't Everton almost get a fourth, in the last few seconds, but the Ref blew for full time? I left the room after their third, but there was a hoo-ha about something, wasn't there? Imagine if we'd got a fourth!

I'm a very calm man, but when that equaliser went in, I was in the pub, I slammed the table and shouted out 'For f**k sake!!!' Was only going out for the two pints yesterday lunchtime whilst watching the match, but it made me so depressed I went on an afternoon pub crawl. Not feeling too good, especially as I was up at six for work this morning.

At least Berba's finding some form which is great and Scholes is just world class, that pass for Berba's goal was great. I'm a fan of Evra, but he messes about too much and it cost us yet again yesterday. I prefer Dennis Irwin anyday of the week.

I always liked Irwin. Good, solid performer every week.

Quote: Ben @ September 12 2010, 11:35 AM BST

I always liked Irwin. Good, solid performer every week.

Out of all the players United have had, he was the only one my Dad actually went to sign his farewell book when he left. Oustanding player and very under-rated, could take free kicks and penalties, was a very consistent defender. I'd go as far as to say he's probably the best left back I've ever seen.

Yikes, not a strong lineup from United tonight in there Champions League opener:
Kuszczak- Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Fabio- Valencia, Fletcher, Gibson, Park- Rooney, Hernandez.

Still enough quality in the lineup to win the game, but it will be very close.

0-0 >_<

My beloved QPR are flying high :D 5 wins and 1 draw from the first 6 games. 17 goals scored with only 2 against. Any other Super-Hoop supporters on here?

Quote: Will Cam @ September 15 2010, 10:46 AM BST

My beloved QPR are flying high :D 5 wins and 1 draw from the first 6 games. 17 goals scored with only 2 against. Any other Super-Hoop supporters on here?

There was a time when QPR considered Chelsea to be their main rival. Am I right in saying that your main rival now is the Westfield Shopping Centre? It seems to attract a bigger crowd every Saturday...

I'm not a QPR fan, by the way.

Quote: Splodge @ September 15 2010, 11:01 AM BST

There was a time when QPR considered Chelsea to be their main rival. Am I right in saying that your main rival now is the Westfield Shopping Centre? It seems to attract a bigger crowd every Saturday...

Laughing out loud You could be right but with our backers we could just buy fans if we wanted to.
My mug at work has a Chelsea shirt, a packet of Persil and a QPR shirt on it with the strapline 'It really does get the shit out of your shirt'

Quote: Ben @ September 11 2010, 7:47 PM BST

I didn't even see the end. It was 3-1 with a couple of minutes to go, so I thought I'd go up town. I checked Ceefax later and couldn't believe my eyes.

Wonderful. A taste of their own medicine.

Seems to be becoming a habit.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 12 2010, 11:12 AM BST

I'm a very calm man, but when that equaliser went in, I was in the pub, I slammed the table and shouted out 'For f**k sake!!!' Was only going out for the two pints yesterday lunchtime whilst watching the match, but it made me so depressed I went on an afternoon pub crawl. Not feeling too good, especially as I was up at six for work this morning.

That comes from being so f**king arrogant!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 14 2010, 7:22 PM BST

Yikes, not a strong lineup from United tonight in there Champions League opener:
Kuszczak- Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Fabio- Valencia, Fletcher, Gibson, Park- Rooney, Hernandez.

Still enough quality in the lineup to win the game, but it will be very close.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud