The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 21

Discuss, fans...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mtv-to-adapt-cult-british-comedy-the-inbetweeners,45710/

I understand that Hollywood already have plans for dozens of The Inbetweeners remakes.

I'm not holding my breath.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 28 2010, 6:40 PM BST

Discuss, fans...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mtv-to-adapt-cult-british-comedy-the-inbetweeners,45710/

Seems a bit redundant with MTV's Hard Times of R.J. Berger already filling the coming of age teen comedy... but I guess it's MTV and that is their target market. The article itself makes two mistakes; American remake history is far from "ignoble" and RJ Berger is pretty good.

Quote: MTpromises @ September 28 2010, 8:26 PM BST

Seems a bit redundant with MTV's Hard Times of R.J. Berger already filling the coming of age teen comedy... but I guess it's MTV and that is their target market. The article itself makes two mistakes; American remake history is far from "ignoble" and RJ Berger is pretty good.

Can't speak for RJ Berger but are there any shows other than The Office that didn't suffer the transatlantic transfer?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 28 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Can't speak for RJ Berger but are there any shows other than The Office that didn't suffer the transatlantic transfer?

It's not a straight remake, but was Cybill not supposed to have been based on Absolutely Fabulous? That ran for four full seasons.

Quote: Aaron @ September 28 2010, 8:57 PM BST

It's not a straight remake, but was Cybill not supposed to have been based on Absolutely Fabulous? That ran for four full seasons.

Maybe, but I'm talking about out-and-out remakes, like Peep Show, Spaced and Red Dwarf.

Quote: Aaron @ September 28 2010, 8:57 PM BST

Wasn't Cybill around before Ab Fab?

Quote: zooo @ September 28 2010, 9:29 PM BST

Wasn't Cybill around before Ab Fab?

No.

How brusque!

A whopping 3.46 million for the opening episode, that's huge for E4, almost beat everything else on the main channel for the week and got more than any show on BBC Two. Pretty good start, hope episode 2 & 3 had similar

Quote: David Bussell @ September 28 2010, 9:04 PM BST

Maybe, but I'm talking about out-and-out remakes, like Peep Show, Spaced and Red Dwarf.

None of those have ever aired on TV, I don't think pilots count. I'm talking more along the lines of All in the Family, Three's Company, Sanford and Son... shows most would call classic American sitcoms without nodding to the British originals.

Cybill isn't a remake, similar set up to Ab Fab, but all around different show.

Quote: MTpromises @ September 29 2010, 5:05 AM BST

None of those have ever aired on TV, I don't think pilots count. I'm talking more along the lines of All in the Family, Three's Company, Sanford and Son... shows most would call classic American sitcoms without nodding to the British originals.

Cybill isn't a remake, similar set up to Ab Fab, but all around different show.

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about those (mainly because I haven't seen any of them). Didn't realise Three's Company was originally British.

Quote: Nogget @ September 28 2010, 1:39 PM BST

Also Tara is...

BEEP-BEEP-BEEEP-BEEP-BEEEP!!!!

:)