QI - Series H Page 2

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 26 2010, 7:11 PM BST

Yes, but they can't just have Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr and Johnny Vegas on every week.

Very true, but I don't think Pam Ayres really made the cut.

Quote: Chappers @ July 9 2010, 8:59 PM BST

I really like QI but I really don't think this works as repeats.

Oh, I dunno. I was watching one today, and there was a question about Catfish, and Alan... laughing about it just thinking about... that Alan said "Oh! Catfish! I wonder if Catfish act like Cats! *Proceeds to mime a cat* Imagine a catfish scratching at your bedroom window! Catfish! Like cat! Catfish! They both have cat in their name! Catfish! Cat!"

Oh, my SIDES!

Series H begins on 17th September, and will also be shown in HD.

Once you watch QI in HD there's no going back.

Yes, I've always wondered what it would be like to see each hair in Bill Bailey's beard properly.

One thing that concerns me is the announcer on the HD channel. I hope he or she can cope if they show one of the extended repeats. It will be something of a mouthful to say: "And now on BBC HD, QI XL."

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 9 2010, 9:42 PM BST

Best loo read since the one in Velvet Underground.

You've got no chance with that one, round here, Stevo.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 5 2010, 8:45 AM BST

One thing that concerns me is the announcer on the HD channel. I hope he or she can cope if they show one of the extended repeats. It will be something of a mouthful to say: "And now on BBC HD, QI XL."

I worried about this for a while. Then I came to my senses.

From Stephen Fry's intereview in the Radio Times:

But do the comedy panellists ever get a little too serious about showing off their trivia knowledge? Fry says, "There is only one - and I won't tell you his or her name - there is only one regular guest who always insists on seeing the questions beforehand and prepares for them. It really annoys me.

"In fact, one day, I will actually make sure that person is given a list from another programme. Because they don't need them - they are too good to need them. But I think it's their insecurity thing, so that's fine really."

Any guesses on who it is?

Well, on the QI forums people have already accused Rich Hall and Jimmy Carr.

My mind went straight to Sessions.

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2010, 10:54 AM BST

My mind went straight to Sessions.

No, I think he's just a natural annoying smart-arse.

Hehe.

Stephen has since said on Twitter that the person who gets help is not Alan Davies and is not Rob Brydon.

I reckon it's Jimmy Carr, or Phill Jupitus - In the past on Qi I've seen him cross things off a bit of paper

I don't think it's Jimmy, don't know why I just don't think it's him. I can definitely see Phill Jupitus doing it though. After all those years on Buzzcocks he's used to knowing the questions beforehand and I can see him being like that.