Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 16

I just find it 100% realistic.
I believe that the character is real (and yes I know he's just playing himself) But isn't believability the whole point?

Quote: jim field @ August 16 2010, 10:34 PM BST

imbecile-drains

What might that actually mean?

Loved this episode. Laughed at the car being gang raped & giggled at the bad egg play who killed a penniless egg. My husband said "Thats you,that's what you'd say" when his mum offered him her pubic hair.
Great stuff!

Strike Two.

Ooh lordy that was still painful for me, but a bit less so. There did seem to be more in it than last week, yes, it was better written, but still not brilliant, and I'm getting the hang of his acting now. It was much better than last week, but I still hate it. I don't mind him, he's qute likeable, but I hate the idea, it still seems utterly pointless and unauthentic. That Clive character is emerging as a genuine sitcom monster, so credit for that, but is it enough to make up for the high cringe factor? Not for me.

I found it infantile again. When one acts too naturalistic it becomes wooden

I couldn't sit through last week's shite fest. But I did watch this week's.

My problem is I can't see the point of this... The Royle Family has already been done (much better). I fail to see what the point of a southern version of this is. It's just not especially original or interesting.

Why delete my preview, of that I have no idea.

Anyway, on a forward path; this Ep was a continuation from last week's season premiere. The scenes were sharper. Fact. Amstell again dominated with his naturalisitc stylings. Anyone who cannot see this is clearly, at best, a MOR Unit. Or at worst, a Skillset Defecit. Seriously, this is an excellent show.

I'm not sure that some of the people who say they liked it really 'get' it though. That's a concern.

Those imbecile-drains.

I don't think Simon is 'performing' I think he's just being himself. I don't mean he is playing himself either, I think he is just being him. Whereas the others are all 'performing' as they are meant to be fictional, whereas Simon's just, Simon, as the trailer suggests.

I missed the first episode but saw the second and liked it. Thought the characters were good, some good funny lines and was well observed.

Grandad and Glenn from the Thick of It are emerging as the funniest characters.

Glen scares me now.

I hadn't even realised it was him. But he's great in this.

I love him in The Thick Of It. But after the weird threatening mad moment in the toilet, he is officially scary.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 1:10 PM BST

I love him in The Thick Of It. But after the weird threatening mad moment in the toilet, he is officially scary.

He killed a tramp, too, remember.