The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 152

I'd imagine Crouch will be pretty f**ked off at the amount of football he's played during the tournament. He's scored a lot of goals for England.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 27 2010, 4:32 PM BST

Oh, and we need three goals, so let's bring Heskey on. WTF?

Laughing out loud

I don't pay any attention to football usually, but even I can tell that England have been beyond hopeless in this World Cup.

Yeah, we don't deserve to go through, but it would've been nice.

Well, we're out. Game over man, game over.

To all the Man United fans, all the Chelsea fans, all the Liverpool fans and all the Arsenal fans: if you were following England today this is the closest you'll ever be to understanding what it's like to be a real football fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal-line_technology#Advocates

COME ON. F**k off Platini, f**k off Blatter.

No wonder there aren't many English astronauts, they can't find space.

If that injury-time USA goal hadn't gone in, against Algeria, we could've at least left the tournament with some pride, by making it to the Semi-Finals, after beating Ghana and Uruguay.

Quote: catskillz @ June 27 2010, 5:05 PM BST

If that injury-time USA goal hadn't gone in, against Algeria, we could've at least left the tournament with some pride, by making it to the Semi-Finals, after beating Ghana and Uruguay.

But they wouldn't have deserved it. They deserved this.

Quote: catskillz @ June 27 2010, 5:05 PM BST

after beating Ghana and Uruguay.

I'm not convinced we would have.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 27 2010, 5:07 PM BST

But they wouldn't have deserved it.

Agreed.

Fans should get a refund for travelling to see that crock of crap, our whole tournament was shite! Capello is a stubborn, closed minded buffoon, an embarrassed buffoon now, albeit a very rich one. Pay him off and get an Englishman or a Brit in, but do it now, we will win nothing under that overpraised stubborn git. He brings on Heskey when all we need is goals!!! Sums the twat up. Pirate

I think football fans all over the world should maybe boycott games, until action-replays are brought in for referees.

TV stations covering football matches should be made to give footage (for free) to the ref. Just whack it up on the club's fecking great big screen! They all have them now!

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 27 2010, 5:30 PM BST

TV stations covering football matches should be made to give footage (for free) to the ref. Just whack it up on the club's fecking great big screen! They all have them now!

They do. There were instances at Palace where they actually had to cut the feed to big screens when the referee is wrong, so that he couldn't see that he was wrong. It's all outrageous.

Put it up! Keep it on the screen!! Zoom in!!! Let's rub their faces in it when the f**k up, they'll soon be telling FIFA they want replays.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 27 2010, 5:44 PM BST

Put it up! Keep it on the screen!! Zoom in!!! Let's rub their faces in it when the f**k up, they'll soon be telling FIFA they want replays.

I don't even think referees are against the technology, they would benefit the most. The Uruguayan ref will probably take a fair amount of stick and be hung out to dry by FIFA, but they're the ones to blame.

Is anyone listening to Talksport? Stan Collymore seems to be putting all the blame for England's debacle on James Corden. Oh, and he's been accusing England fans of being "Tub-thumping Nationalists", for simply showing a bit of passion during football tournaments.