Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 4

What I'd love most of all is a box set release of the entire Q shows with There's A Lot Of It About thrown in for good measure. Now that would be a treat.

Aaron..it is hard to velieve that we are getting some dvd,s that you aren't over there. It is a shame we are not in the same region format as we could exchange what we have for what we don't with those across the pond..About the soccer player ..I know zip about that sport or him..I meant that as a loss for the soccer over there as it is not even on television yet here,,It will be years before it catches on.I do think I will like it much better than American Football..Is Benny Hill desceased?? Valentine Also what is the name of the guy who took over for the grandfater in OFAH??? Valeantine

Quote: Aaron @ January 13, 2007, 11:40 AM

Can you give me an example of some of these "one season wonders"? Our TV channels aren't so stupid to pull shows just because they've gone down in the ratings a bit, so I would guess that the writer(s)/star(s) just didn't want to do any more, in most cases.

May I point you towards Darkplace, a great show that Channel four should have recommisioned!

They play on Saturday night. one show at a time..Tonight in their place "Waiting For God" is getting a whole hour for a special and I will let you know next time..Believe me, some are good and better than some of the silly junk they have on over here,Valentine

Waiting For God? But... Didn't that have like, five series'? Not one?

Oh well. Americans!

In answer to your questions, Benny Hill died almost 15 years ago now, and the character in Only Fools and Horses, Uncle Albert, was played by Buster Merryfield.

Yeah WFG did have five series probably within my top 3 sitcoms ever as well

Amusing at times I suppose, but I just found it awfully depressing. :/

I'm rather tired of all these 'best of' only relesases.

i want the complete:

goodies
kenny everette video show
kenny everette telivision show

and what the hell is the deal 'the fast show: best of season 4' ???
after three complete seasons, there's a 'best of' their shortest season?

Ditto Two Ronnies.

It's taken many years but they are finally releasing the full series of Monty Phython's Flying Circus.. I believe they released it in America, I'm unsure but I know I've pre ordered my series 1 and 2!

Yeah, it's been out in the US for quite a while now. Series 3 and 4 are listed on the BSG shop pages for pre-order also.

Happy Families, Is It Legal?, The Baldy Man, Split Ends and Up The Elephant and Round the Castle.

Why arent any of the lee and herring shows out on DVD? And why dont they get back together and do a new show?!?!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 22, 2007, 7:44 PM

Why arent any of the lee and herring shows out on DVD? And why dont they get back together and do a new show?!?!

They got back together just last month, funnily enough - albeit just for one show - at the "Tedstock" Ted Chippington festival. Their full set from that night is up, in two parts, on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih41uU17P_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S24UJx0v9Og

Very funny it is, too. Some great stuff at the expense of those Mitchell & Webb Mac adverts.

As for the DVDs of their TV shows, I'd buy the lot. Sadly I can't see any such releases happening any time soon, though.

Quote: Daniel O'Rourke @ January 1, 2007, 5:17 PM

The Baldy Man desperately needs a DVD release

I absolutely LOVED "The Baldy Man" (especially the one where he is climbing through the cardboard boxes)