Not Going Out - Series 2 Page 27

Quote: Jay72 @ October 19, 2007, 7:27 PM

Thanks Mark. You can get it on the iplayer but I don't seem to have much joy with that on my PC. Pity.

I could 'supply' you with 'the goods'. (God, I sound like a drug dealer, don't I?) ... But wouldn't dare suggest such naughtiness with two writers around! :O

Oh and guys, come on, haven't you heard? They're not repeats, they're narratives.

Quote: Mark @ October 19, 2007, 7:03 PM

Two Pints gets four repeats on BBC3 tomorrow

Two Pints is on tomorrow! Woo!!!!

Seriously though, I like Two Pints, but the amount of repeats it gets is ridiculous.

This really is a strange one.

I don't know if I like it or not. There's loads of gags - some predictable - with a loose story joining it together.

Sometimes I think it's funny and laugh but a lot of the time it seems forced.

I really enjoyed this episode, I want the Christmas special now lol.

Didn't laugh much at that episode but still enjoyed it, shows how great this show has been when even on a weak episode in terms of laughs I can still thoroughly enjoy it. The audience actually said "aww" when Lee and Lucy didn't get together! This show has really got a loyal audience it seems and the characters are all likable enough (except the cleaner she's just annoying) so you can really root for these guys.

Can't wait for the Christmas Special, but I hope they don't go to predictable with Lee and Lucy getting together, I want to see a unique twist on it preferably.

By the way Andrew, is the Christmas Special already written/filmed? And also is that the last we've seen of Guy? (personally I hope so, don't think you could get much more out of his character)

Just finished tonight's episode, the best yet in series 2 surely?

And is it just me or is Tim Vine's acting improving? Lee is still doing a stand up routine in a sitcom, but Tim seems to be getting more comfortable in the role in this series. I also think the revisded character line up is starting to work better, which makes me hope for a series three. The change from series one to series two seems to have allowed more adult humour too (the Michael Jackson joke was a killer) and the series has been able to go in a direction that wouldn't have been available had kate remained as the female lead.

I loved this last episode - I think that's no coincidence as the plot tonight was mainly based around a 'Lee and Tim adventure'. The episode in which the boys are basically just mucking about and getting into trouble always seem to work the best.

One minor request for the writers if the show gets a third series (so hope so!) - could you write a few more "closes door" directions into the script. It bugs me how often the flat door is left wide open. Yes I'm pedantic!

Oh, and, yes, good point Rambling Sid (welcome by the way) - I loved that Michael Jackson joke! It's always good to see a joke that's so good the actors have to pause to let the audience finish laughing.

Quote: Aaron @ October 19, 2007, 8:00 PM

I could 'supply' you with 'the goods'. (God, I sound like a drug dealer, don't I?) ... But wouldn't dare suggest such naughtiness with two writers around! :O

You're not a gangster are you? :D

I don't remember any MJ jokes! :O

In answer to Martin, it's being recorded on Halloween. I has tickets. :)

Quote: Jay72 @ October 19, 2007, 10:31 PM

You're not a gangster are you? :D

Maybe ... *looks around suspiciously*

;)

Loved the last episode. I think the whole show has moved up a gear. The characters have found their level (even Barbara was good tonight although I still have reservations) and Lee has become just a touch more humane - but only a touch, otherwise he wouldn't be Lee anymore.

If the show can keep the right balance between gags and pathos as it did tonight then it can go so much further.

Bring on the Xmas Special! Laughing out loud

loved it, mj joke was good but i really liked:

Lee: you look, there might be something scary in there.
Tim: Don't worry, you can't get hard work and commitment in an envelope. :D

The bbc are idiots but surely a third series makes sense even to them!

Quote: Mark @ October 19, 2007, 10:10 PM

I loved this last episode - I think that's no coincidence as the plot tonight was mainly based around a 'Lee and Tim adventure'. The episode in which the boys are basically just mucking about and getting into trouble always seem to work the best.

One minor request for the writers if the show gets a third series (so hope so!) - could you write a few more "closes door" directions into the script. It bugs me how often the flat door is left wide open. Yes I'm pedantic!

Oh, and, yes, good point Rambling Sid (welcome by the way) - I loved that Michael Jackson joke! It's always good to see a joke that's so good the actors have to pause to let the audience finish laughing.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been hanging around reading for a while, but have come to the party a little late as a member!

It's the British 'Friends' - which is a massive compliment. Lovely one liners through out, Lee Mack is an undoubted star and Sally Bretton is becoming very good (and IS very sexy)

I don't know if it could sustain a longer run though - is Lucy strong enough as a character? I don't know.

But what I can say is that we've finally got the accessable, brilliant mainstream show that telly has been crying out for.

Well done all.

I really hope there's more to come for the show, right now although it is a mainstream BBC sitcom, it still seems quite cultish in a way. I really want it to become one of those classic sitcoms that everyone is watching, I think given another series it could definitely achieve that. I mean Seinfeld didn't reach a mass audience until into it's 4th season and then that became huge.

I think British sitcoms should be given more time to develop rather than dropped after one or two series.

I agree with this, i don't know if the audience figures have risen for the second series or not but i can see it gaining another couple of million or so after a few more series. Perhaps put it on at 8 rather than 930?