Not Going Out - Series 2 Page 26

The key is, there's not just one type of show for your needs. Same with music and food.

If I want piano - Ben Folds; guitars - The Smiths etc.

If I want just plain laughs, no thinking, just sitting down and enjoying. NGO is ideal. So is Friends or King of Queens. If I want a strong story and lots of clever plots inter-weaving - Seinfeld or One Foot, and Fraiser at it's best.

The Royle Family has a great maudlin feel, but you have to be in the right mood of course. I don't this type of show should be compared to a compltely different sitcom.

There's so many types of sitcom and I don't think one is any more valid than another. It's great when laughs are matched by real depth (did anyone see the One Foot episode last night when they were stuck in trafic? Pure genius, but with such a melancholy ending with Victor's summing up of life) but a gag-based show, which TV has lacked for a long time, has a place too.

Quote: Badge @ October 15, 2007, 10:03 PM

One question for the writers - was this first drafted before Kate left and Lucy was cast? Reason I ask is the absence of Guy and some of the banter/put downs from Lucy seemed a bit Kate-ish.

Nope. We just needed Guy out of the way for Lee and Lucy's feelings to show.

I didn't really see the first series, was the cleaner introduced at the request of the guys at the top?

Hi, andrew and krenz, is the show gonna feel the pinch from the 2billion shortfall?

and is there going to be a book of the scripts for sale?

Thanks.

If Auntie has any sense, she'll be trying to raise some extra cash from a bit more merchandising. So yes, I'll second that second question.

Blow up Lee dolls?

You wish.

I thought I saw him walking down the road earlier. My first thought was of you Laura. :D

Well I should think so too.

So was it him? Or a crafty lookalike?
Either way I'm interested...

I think it was just someone who looked similar.

But then, I do work near a number of big production companies.

Quote: jacparov @ October 18, 2007, 6:36 PM

Hi, andrew and krenz, is the show gonna feel the pinch from the 2billion shortfall?

I hope not.

Quote: jacparov @ October 18, 2007, 6:36 PM

and is there going to be a book of the scripts for sale?

I hope so.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Was away last week and forgot to tape it, so feel like I've missed out on loads. Surprised its not had an instant repeat unless I haven't picked up on it.

Quote: Jay72 @ October 19, 2007, 6:29 PM

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Was away last week and forgot to tape it, so feel like I've missed out on loads. Surprised its not had an instant repeat unless I haven't picked up on it.

No, sadly the BBC haven't been repeating the episodes (which becomes really irritating when you look at some of the bo**ocks that hogs the late-night schedules and digital channels). Two Pints gets four repeats on BBC3 tomorrow, that's already been seen a million times anyway so why they can't stick Not Going Out on there just for once instead I don't know!?!

(That said you might be able to see it on the iPlayer if you can get that to work on your PC)

It seems that the higher the number after the letters B, B and C, the more times things get repeated. ie.

BBC1 - don't repeat it at all in the week.
BBC2 - repeat it once, or maybe twice.
BBC3 - repeat it eight times that day.
BBC4 - about the same.
BBC5 - will be just one half-hour show, repeated from now to infinity.

Although on a more serious note, I do expect that BBCs 1 and 2 might repeat more now that they're rejigging things, cutting back the money spent on programmes, and will be relying more on repeats generally.

Quote: Mark @ October 19, 2007, 7:03 PM

No, sadly the BBC haven't been repeating the episodes (which becomes really irritating when you look at some of the bo**ocks that hogs the late-night schedules and digital channels). Two Pints gets four repeats on BBC3 tomorrow, that's already been seen a million times anyway so why they can't stick Not Going Out on there just for once instead I don't know!?!

(That said you might be able to see it on the iPlayer if you can get that to work on your PC)

Thanks Mark. You can get it on the iplayer but I don't seem to have much joy with that on my PC. Pity.

Don't even get me started on Two Pints.... Angry

Quote: Krenz @ October 19, 2007, 1:32 PM

I hope not.

I hope so.

Thanks for the reply krenz, your answers reminded me of ronnie corbet covered in jam.