Not Going Out - Series 2

:D At last! Lee Mack's back on TV. I really thought the show won't get re-commissioned. I bet the next series will be a great! I just wonder why they only do 6-7 epis in 1 series. It's too short. Teary like Lead Balloon (I am happy though as it also got recommissioned! Does anyone know if After You've Gone will have another series?

I think a lot of people are pleased Not Going Out is coming back. The reason it's only six episodes to begin with is that the channel doesn't want to risk a flop (nothing worse than a series bombing but there still being hours left to broadcast) - plus the writers have to actually write the thing - it took Mack and Collins six months solid to write the first six episodes (not surprising considering the number of gags)!

p.s. If you like Not Going Out watch out for Lee Mack on Radio 2 - he's not on at the moment but when he is there's some good stuff in that.

After You've Gone will almost certainly be back although the BBC haven't made their decision yet. It is normally a couple of months after the last episode before they make a decision on a show's future.

Thread moved to the British Sitcoms forum.

I look forward to the second series of Not Going Out, i think it was maybe the best sitcom BBC has produced in a long time. Hopefully the second series will live up to the greatness that was the first.

After You've Gone was a little hit and miss for me. it got better as the series progressed so it'd be interesting to see what they do with a second series.

I liked AYG. Sure, it had problems, but what doesn't? More than enjoyable enough for me, and particularly so in comparison to some other relatively recent offerings!

A pleasant enough show when it was on, but nothing you couldn't miss.

For the record After You've Gone has now indeed been given the go ahead for a second season. Full Story

BBC1 seems to be hitting its stride - I can't remember the last time so many mainstream sitcoms made it past their first series in the same year (admittedly many are questioning why Jam and Jerusalem was saved but that's another story!).

Good news! :)

Not Going Out is certanly the best mainstream sitcom in a long time so it's great to see it coming back for a second series. Tim Vine is one of the most underrated stand ups(should have been higher in the top 100 stand up show a few weeks ago), so it's great to see him in something that's doing well. He worked well with Lee in the sketch show (one of the few decent sketch shows in recent years)and it's good to see them working well again. :)

Hopefully Paul Roses' "To Much Too Young" will get comissioned now. The two main parents in it are top notch performers. *crosses fingers and toes*

Not going out is so...bad..
Im afraid it lacks alot of originality, i want to stab the Australian women (i think shes an aussie) and the jokes are just nowhere near on par with other sitcoms..sorry

American. And you're very much going against the grain with that opinion around here, but fair enough.

sorry...if you must kill me then throw me off a cliff, at least for a split second i can envisage that im flying :P

Don't tempt me! *shakes fist menacingly*

It's that woman! If it wasn't for that woman i might find it ok!