Current radio comedy Page 19

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 18 2010, 8:37 PM GMT

Yes. It's a shame there isn't a funny right-wing comedian mocking The Guardian.

The Guardian isn't really as extreme, and certainly not as distorted, as The Mail.

Act Your Age, very entertaining. Be a good one for a TV transfer, I think. Much better mix of guests than the average panel show.

Yes, it is a nice mix of huests.

Quote: chipolata @ February 24 2010, 10:42 AM GMT

Yes, it is a nice mix of huests.

Yeah, I did that on purpose.

Thanks for joining us, I've been keeping this forum going for the last half hour. I'm exhaaausted.

Me and Ian Woolf appreciate it. Well, I do. Woolfy's been a bit distant since 'Is The Write Stuff A Comedy Show Or Panel Show' spat.

Ah, those were the days.

Quote: chipolata @ February 24 2010, 10:53 AM GMT

Me and Ian Woolf appreciate it. Well, I do. Woolfy's been a bit distant since 'Is The Write Stuff A Comedy Show Or Panel Show' spat.

I won't say that distant. I just think that The Write Stuff is not a comedy panel game.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 24 2010, 12:46 PM GMT

I won't say that distant. I just think that The Write Stuff is not a comedy panel game.

Let it go, man! :)

Anyway, it's a very smug half hour, so it can go f**k itself.

A so-so episode of The Manifesto tonight, with the only laugh out loud moment coming from the stab in the face internet guy. Still, good to have Milton Jones back next week.

I listened to Count Arthur Strong last night and can't remember anything that happened in it, other than Sue Perkins might have been in it doing a number of comedy voices.

Caught about 15 minutes of something called "Fabulous" last night in the 11pm slot, it was anything but, "Crapulous" would've been a better title, lazy, obvious punchlines, silly voices (mostly from Katy Brand), dreadful characterisation, unbelievable circumstances and poor plotting.

It also featured a very weird cameo by Mark Lamarr, all in all pretty awful.

I really like Fabulous. I've not listened to this series but liked the first couple a lot.

Recently heard The Secret World which was good and a lot more subtle than something like Dead Ringers.

Will Smith's Tao Of Bergerac is great! Really funny! Especially the 'Six Degrees of Bergerac' bits.

And finally got around to listening to the last couple of We Are Klang's Radio Show ('Great Lives'). Still does nothing for me. Their TV show was great, in my opinion and, though this does have a few funny lines, the shows just didn't hold my interest at all.

Dan

Good to hear Milton Jones back. After Bleak Expectations the funniest radio sitcom by far.

went to the recording of the new Simon Nye for radio4 this evening - barely enough people to fill the downstairs of the radio theatre, but still a jolly crowd.

Cast included Caroline Quentin, Matthew Horne, Phil Cornwell, Mel Hudson, daughter from Lead Balloon, and a young man doing the extra voices.

Well, perhaps we could have done with a bit more warming up, but although v clever, not many laugh out loud bits.
Anyone else there tonight from the forum??