Hahaha.

Oh dear.

It's funny 'cos it's true. ;)

Are you an

?

Well I thought it was a good joke.

It was, dear. Very funny. :)

:D

I went to a taping on Sunday night and Brydon did a great job. It was a pretty awesome show; Charlie Brooker and Reece Shearsmith were both on.

How does he 'play' host in comparison to Deayton? Is it the slightly hick-ish that he plays so often? (Not Keith Barret - even when conducting interviews as himself.)

(sorry for dragging this up from nowhere, I've not been on for a while!)

Went to see the entire series taped, and while Rob was obviously nervous and still settling in for the first couple of shows, by the end he seemed completely at ease. His presenting style is very different from Angus's; he banters more with the team captains and guests and is far more obviously (mock-)riled when a scripted gag falls flat. Angus's delivery and handling of the show (in both studio and broadcast) is more polished and professional, whereas Rob's is more down-to-earth and matey. Both approaches work, in my view. Really looking forward to the series getting aired (I suspect it'll take over the HIGNFY time slot in a few weeks) and I hope there's at least a Series 4, too, to give Brydon a fair shot as host.

So I read this is airing in June. It seems to be June now. Anybody know exact dates?

In a recent interview David Mitchell said it's airing in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RabmPacOU0

Quote: Lindyloop @ June 23 2009, 11:59 AM BST

In a recent interview David Mitchell said it's airing in August.

Well ok, but he could be lying. :P

Is this not being done again then? With Lee out on tour and David with a new show?

I read (sorry I can't remember where) that this would be back. It was an article about what would replace Friday Night with Jonathan Ross. New series of Would I Lie to You and Live At The Apollo were both quoted as replacements. The Bubble's current run is only six shows, so David Mitchell would be available shortly. I hope they don't replace Lee Mack!

Yes, quite; there's no reason why a show at the beginning of the year should have any such effect on one which would be unlikely to record until the middle of the year; in any case, each one can't take up more than, say, 2 or 3 days a week.