Leaving the BCG Page 11

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

"I thought you were supposed to be comics".

Hmmm, that line leads me to suggest that he/she obviously doesn't understand comedy very much...

Nope, still doesn't narrow it down particularly, I'm afraid. :( ;)

Thanks for keeping us updated, Lee. I assume that despite this "apology" the matter will still be pursued (as far is as possible)?

All the best, mate.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

Just to let you all know the person responsible has sent the producer a follow-up letter that briefly apologizes, saying it was "only ever meant as a joke" and deriding us both for not getting the gag. "I thought you were supposed to be comics".

At least, I suppose, that makes it less sinister knowing that someone isn't really wishing you malicious harm.

Still not a nice experience to say the least, and I hope the police still pursue the matter.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2009, 10:42 AM GMT

At least, I suppose, that makes it less sinister knowing that someone isn't really wishing you malicious harm.

Still not a nice experience to say the least, and I hope the police still pursue the matter.

I'm guessing that it was mention of the police before that has lead to the "It was just a joke" reaction. And it does seem a clear cut case of harrassment.

If he thinks that is a joke the police are almost certain to find some evidence in critique.

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2009, 10:45 AM GMT

If he thinks that is a joke the police are almost certain to find some evidence in critique.

I don't think there's any need to involve the Serious Fraud Squad.

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2009, 10:45 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2009, 10:48 AM GMT

I don't think there's any need to involve the Serious Fraud Squad.

It was Chip that done it.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2009, 10:50 AM GMT

It was Chip that done it.

Henman's the wrong age and sex for my brand of harrassment. Cool

Seems like there is more to go on now!

Hope that things work out Lee.

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2009, 10:52 AM GMT

Henman's the wrong age and sex for my brand of harrassment. Cool

Ah, elderly ladies eh?

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2009, 10:44 AM GMT

I'm guessing that it was mention of the police before that has lead to the "It was just a joke" reaction. And it does seem a clear cut case of harrassment.

Agreed. But I doubt if the police will take it any further now.

Quote: Morrace @ November 18 2009, 10:54 AM GMT

If the mail box was set alight to destroy the evidence then that is a very serious offence.

Well, if you make an issue of it. And keep banging on at them. And on at them. And on at them. They might.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2009, 10:54 AM GMT

Ah, elderly ladies eh?

I'd never harass you, Dolly. Unimpressed

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2009, 10:59 AM GMT

I'd never harass you, Dolly. Unimpressed

Only because you're scared of me. Cool

If they don't, but have a certain suspect, Lee could take civil action and sue for libel.