Leaving the BCG Page 10

Oh God. :| I really hope this gets sorted out, Lee. Hug

Besides the point, but the person was too much of an idiot to even use spell-checker. Good for them Unimpressed.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 11 2009, 12:56 PM GMT

Hi all

This morning a producer from a TV prodco called me to tell me about a malicious letter about me that she received this morning. This is the letter.

She treated it in a lighthearted-way, assuming it was some kind of weird joke, but I assured her I know of nobody who might do this. The letter makes reference to my online blog, although quite how the person has come to the conclusion that she's "sniffing around me" is beyond me. Obviously the worst aspect about the letter though is the "kiddie-fiddler" comment.

The letter itself was stuck to the back of the envelope rather than inside it, which obviously suggests that the person who sent it wanted as many people in the office as possible to read it.

For some reason the letter was also partially-burned, and there was an accompanying note from the Royal Mail, apologizing for the letter being damaged somehow in transit.

The letter is obviously designed to de-rail my "career" in some way (although it hasn't, luckily the producer is a friend as well as a professional contact and knows me well). But the letter is obviously a direct result of my online presence, and I'm not saying I'm certain that the perpetrator is a member of the BCG, but it is a distinct possibility seeing as how these are pretty much the only forums I ever post on.

I'm a father of two children, and the suggestion of me being a paedophile, however flippantly-worded, is serious and disturbing. It's also illegal, and the police have been notified, who will be investigating.

Anyway, for all the reasons above, I've decided to reduce my online presence to nil. I won't be posting in the BCG forums anymore (except to reply to this thread), and I'll also be pulling my comedy writing blog.
It's a lesson learned that the internet can be a strange place full of strange people who can, if they wish, use the web as a tool to inflict harm on others.

I've thoroughly-enjoyed my time on the BCG and have made some good friends here. You're largely a funny, nice bunch so thanks for all the laughs you've given me over the past couple of years.

All the best to you all and keep smiling :)

Lee x

Don't forget to come back and tell us all when the police (hopefully) catch the bastard!

Good luck for the future! Wave

I just figured out who it could be: Andi Peters! https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/7699

;)

Dan

I once spread a rumour that Andi Peters and Tony Hart were lovers. Don't tell me that's going to come back to haunt me!

Quote: David Bussell @ November 13 2009, 11:39 AM GMT

I once spread a rumour that Andi Peters and Tony Hart were lovers. Don't tell me that's going to come back to haunt me!

That will depend on whether Tony Hart's spirit "passed over" happily. If he was still smarting from your insinuation on his death-bed, then watch out. You might wake-up to find vaguely competent pastel landscapes etched on your bedroom walls. :O

I hope Morph kicks yo ass.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 13 2009, 11:41 AM GMT

That will depend on whether Tony Hart's spirit "passed over" happily. If he was still smarting from your insinuation on his death-bed, then watch out. You might wake-up to find vaguely competent pastel landscapes etched on your bedroom walls. :O

I hear this is Derek Acorah's next special...

Dan

Quote: David Bussell @ November 13 2009, 11:39 AM GMT

Tony: Sorry Andi, I can't return anything you've put up there, but you will get a prize.
:D

Quote: sootyj @ November 13 2009, 11:42 AM GMT

I hope Morph kicks yo ass.

To the theme of the Gallery music.

This Andi Peters business has brought out the best in us all.

I wasn't that impressed the last time I saw Andi Peters' business...

Obviously, that would work much better vocally.

Dan

I'm sorry to hear about this. I had a stalker for a while after I was in the local press - the same person called into a radio station while I was being interviewed and said some unpleasant things, which luckily were not broadcast.
I was bombarded with telephone calls and had to change my number.
I have some idea of how you are feeling. I always try not to say anything too personal or that I genuinely wouldn't mind anyone knowing about me to try and avoid this happening again.
I hope it doesn't stop you from being around here - that seems to spells victory for the perpetrator.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 13 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Tony: Sorry Andi, I can't return anything you've put up there, but you will get a prize.

Laughing out loud

Just to let you all know the person responsible has sent the producer a follow-up letter that briefly apologizes, saying it was "only ever meant as a joke" and deriding us both for not getting the gag. "I thought you were supposed to be comics".

So it would seem the author is almost definitely a member of the BSG forums, (or a regular reader perhaps) as I didn't publish the original letter anywhere else.

Obviously while I hope that's the end of all this, I'll still be reducing my online presence and so won't be posting here (or anywhere else) for the forseeable future.

Again, thanks for all the lovely messages of support and best of luck for the future

Lee

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

Just to let you all know the person responsible has sent the producer a follow-up letter that briefly apologizes, saying it was "only ever meant as a joke"

Sounds like he's worried if he's backtracking and making out it was a joke.