Doctor Who... Page 351

All I'm saying is, I've never seen this kind of debate rage over The Tweenies. Rolling eyes

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 17 2009, 9:05 AM GMT

Well, apart from all that annoying zooming in business on the computer screens, and the rather rubbish robot reveal before the opening credits (were we supposed to laugh? Be worried? Scared? What??), I can't say I found the first twenty minutes particularly bad in any way, no. The second half obviously had more of the meat and the interest, but I can't say I was bored or anything by the first twenty minutes. More or less everything about this episode was better than the last two I thought.

Didn't find the first twenty minutes particularly bad... can't say I was bored... better than the last two. Pretty lukewarm don't you think? ;)

I'm teasing - I liked it - but you're the one who expressed disbelief at the "lukewarm" reaction!

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 8:38 PM GMT

All I'm saying is, I've never seen this kind of debate rage over The Tweenies. Rolling eyes

*Flops to the ground, kicking his little legs around and screaming*

Tee-hee! :D

I like this thread though. At least by reading it I can vaguely join in with daughters' conversations about the show. Have they brought back the Bertie Bassett-like sweet monster from the Sylvester McCoy era yet? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 8:41 PM GMT

Have they brought back the Bertie Bassett-like sweet monster from the Sylvester McCoy era yet? Whistling nnocently

GAAHHH!!!

As another Doctor Timothy, I'd have expected a bit more decorum on this thread quite frankly.
:D

I think the latest one is genuinely the only decent "special" they have done - and I include Tennant's Christmas debut in that.

I loved the "Christmas Invasion." Liked "The Runaway Bride."

I have no opinion on "Voyage Of The Damned," and "The Next Doctor."

Also, I try to forget "Last Of The Time Lords/The Sound Of Drums," especially the bit with Tennant becoming Jesus or whatever. However, the last fifteen minutes of "Utopia" are amazing.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ November 17 2009, 10:36 PM GMT

Also, I try to forget "Last Of The Time Lords/The Sound Of Drums," especially the bit with Tennant becoming Jesus or whatever.

Ha! Was that where he floated across the room and said "I forgive you"
:D . . .

I'm hoping that his meddling has brought all the Timelords back, that would make it interesting.

And I hope that they make the most of the Master this time.
It's handy that you can quite easily kill him with no ill effects(apart from blond hair)

Quote: Griff @ November 17 2009, 10:43 PM GMT

After he'd been made into a little wizened gnome and sat in a birdcage for a thousand years.

Oh gawd I remember now. The Master dancing and singing along to Scissor Sisters. Yup it's all coming back now . . .

I liked the first Master episode when he was like evil Tony Blair (more evil Tony Blair?), it was almost good enough to make up for the bollox that was ep2.

Quote: Griff @ November 17 2009, 10:52 PM GMT

I hope he's brought Romana back. Maybe in her novelist incarnation Romana Clef.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Griff @ November 17 2009, 10:43 PM GMT

After he'd been made into a little wizened gnome and sat in a birdcage for a thousand years.

That was embarrassing.

It just went over your head probably Chip.