Doctor Who... Page 347

It all made sense if you paid attention.

Quote: sootyj @ November 15 2009, 9:58 PM GMT

It all made sense if you paid attention.

I did. It made sense. But it was still about God and stuff, rather than hard science, or whatever you want to call it. I liked the end, but it could still be looked at as a 'magic' ending really.

I could do that...

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2009, 9:12 PM GMT

It's setting up the end for this doctor, the final 2 episodes.

But we can't talk about them. :)

I was saying that! It'll maybe mean that new Doctor can be more evilful.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 15 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

I was saying that! It'll maybe mean that new Doctor can be more evilful.

Yay!

I always liked it when The Doctors were suddenly a bit scary and evil when I was little.

Patrick Troughton was just plain creepy. *shudders*

I'm not sure who the ones were that I saw doing evil-doctor. Maybe they all had a go.
Did Colin Baker do it? (Or Davison/McCoy?)

Quote: Griff @ November 15 2009, 10:21 PM GMT

Pish. He was marvellous.

Didn't say he wasn't great. But he was weird.

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2009, 10:24 PM GMT

I'm not sure who the ones were that I saw doing evil-doctor. Maybe they all had a go.
Did Colin Baker do it? (Or Davison/McCoy?)

Colin Baker and McCoy both had their moments as evil-ish seeming. Tom Baker too.

Wowz!

Yeah Colin and McCoy were my main doctors unfortunately. :)
I remember Davison very well but was only 5 when he changed.

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2009, 9:50 PM GMT

Besides, according to that theory the people who would enjoy it more are the ones who shouldn't be allowed to watch it?
Not a lot of logic in that one is there? :)

Hence why I don't usually watch it. I'm only catching these last few to watch how Tennent kicks the bucket.

The good news is that RTD will no longer be involved in this campy, queer, pantomime, kid's show version of Doctor Who and can go back to writing about men bumming each other.

Of course, I'm from the old school, a time when Doctor Who stories were about the plot and not about the Doctor's 'feelings' and 'relationships'.

Kid's show version of Doctor Who . . . ?

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 10:41 PM GMT

Kid's show version of Doctor Who . . . ?

Back in my day, it was the Tom Baker Doctor Who and they gave all us kids proper emotional scars for life, they were that pant wettingly terrifying.

All the current Doctor seems to do is teach kids how to recycle and eat their 5 a Day.

It's super pants.

And you know all that from only watching "the last few", two of which haven't been on yet. You are jolly clever!

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

And you know all that from only watching "the last few", two of which haven't been on yet. You are jolly clever!

No, I watched the first series and some of the second before giving up. I then started watching when Tennent took over in the hopes that it would get better, I lasted three episodes.

Oh and thanks to my brother, I have been forced to watch two Doctor Who Christmas specials - one starring Kylie Minogue on the Space Titanic and the other one where some Victorian guy thought he was the Doctor but he wasn't and then a hot air balloon suddenly appeared and the woman from Ballykissangel lived inside a giant Metal Mickey.

Super Crimbo pants.