30 Rock

Heard good things about this new-ish sitcom but never checked out, until today, I just watched Episode 1, it's pretty funny. Apparently it gets better each episode through Season 1. Season 2 starts later this year I think, Jerry Seinfeld is making an appearance in the season opener, should be good.

Anyone else seen this show?

This is actually another great show America has randomly pumped out. It definitely takes some getting used to, but once you get it, YOU LOVE IT!

Episode 1 is pretty good, but I'd say the show doesn't really take off until Episode 6 or 7. Very clever show. Looking forward to season 2.

NBC is finally back. They had a bad run after Seinfeld ended, but now with The Office, My Name is Earl, Scrubs, and 30 Rock on all in one night...excellent.

Yeah that is an excellent line up. Wish we had a current line up of British shows to that quality.

Some channel needs to buy this. I've only seen the pilot which was all right. I do like Alec Baldwin though.

Absolutely, I understand a similar show was studio 60 on the sunrise 60 which was not renewed, yet its going to be shown on More 4.

Studio 60 on Sunset Strip was Matthew Perry's new show (Chandler from Friends). Failed. Good. But failed.

Channel 5's just bought 30 Rock! I can't get to the article but that's the headline i read on broadcastnow.co.uk

:D :D

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 19, 2007, 11:12 AM

Channel 5's just bought 30 Rock! I can't get to the article but that's the headline i read on boradcastnow.co.uk

:D :D

That's great. Good buy for Channel 5. :)

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 19, 2007, 11:13 AM

Good buy for Channel 5. :)

And it's good buy for him!

Just watched the first 2 episodes and I gotta say, it's pretty good. Alec Baldwin's character is great.

Tada!

30 Rock

Thursday 11 October
10:45pm - 11:15pm
Five
Sitcom set behind the scenes of a late-night sketch comedy show. Liz Lemon is the head writer of The Girlie Show, whose oily new boss insists that an unpredictable movie star joins the cast.

VIDEO Plus+: 9709576

Subtitled

Cast
Tina Fey,Alec Baldwin,Tracy Morgan,Scott Adsit,Jack McBrayer,Judah Friedlander

Yes, I'd recommend this. Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey have good chemistry and there's some funny stuff, it's not great, but it is good.

30 Rock is my favorite new show from last season and ranks up there with The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman (an IFC sitcom that's part AbFab, part Office and part Jackie Woodman) and should be mandatory watching for any sitcom fan. Tina Fey plays Liz Lemon the head of a fake sketch show, which she is suitably prepared to star and write as she was a head writer and star over at Saturday Night Live, which is where many of the show's plots orginate. Whenever a truly absurd situation happens on the screen it leaves me wondering if they made that one up or if something similar happened to Fey in real life. And I agree, it makes NBC's Thursday night sitcom line-up a massive hit when combined with Scrubs, The Office, and My Name is Earl.

This is one show I'd like to see an adaptation for a UK version, especially considering there are so many more sketch shows on your side of the pond. Perhaps "Little Little Britain" or "Smack the Pony's Producers"?

Smack the Pony ;)

Anyone seen the first ep of the new series? It has Jerry Seinfeld in it. He's not happy with "Seinfeld Vision."