Miranda - Series 1 Page 4

It seemed to work I thought, it wouldn't look right on straight sitcoms but it fits this kind of thing.

Rave reviews all round then.

Hopefully it's on my replay service.

It's repeated on Sunday at 10pm, for David and anyone else who missed it.

Great first episode. I will definitely be watching the rest of the series. :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 9 2009, 9:08 PM GMT

:D

I really, really enjoyed this.

R-C, it was women, being funny - are you feeling entirely well?

It looks I shall have to step into your misogynistic shoes. Not dreadful, but no improvement on the radio series, which was not great. The transvestite gag was genuinely funny, but the baby/wedding dress stuff was lazily handled comic cliche. The gag rate was only so-so, and stylistically it was all over the place: asides to camera, flashbacks, fantasy cutaways, homage to 70s sitcom; with performances equally diverse, from the naturalistic to pantomime. Half an hour of Miranda on screen being daffy felt like a long time, though Sarah Hadland, Sally Philips and Katy Wix, three of my favourite comic actresses also, it seemed to me, did themselves less than justice.

But since everyone else seems so keen, I'll give it another go, to see if it grows on me. I have been known to be wrong.

A bit hit and miss with me.

I really liked most of it and I laughed a lot. The one thing that got on my tits a bit was the OTT acting, was hoping it might be played a little bit more straight. It got slightly annoying.

But it is funny, the actings not terrible and it should be on BBC One not crappy rundown poor old BBC Two which hasn't had a decent sitcom since....???????

Erm........3rd Rock From The Sun? Or maybe.....no that's it.

Actually there was Fawlty Towers but that was the 70s.

This was garbage.

Miranda Hart is just dire. She is the type of person I would cross the road to avoid.

Old fashioned, confused, not funny, playing to the morons, just awful.

So, we've established that you're not in the target audience.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2009, 11:28 PM GMT

So, we've established that you're not in the target audience.

What does 'target audience' have to do with anything? He just didn't like it, that doesn't mean he wasn't in the 'target audience'.

>_< Nevermind.

Did Katy Wix say anything?

I used to quite fancy Patricia Hodge. Still wearing quite well.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

>_< Nevermind.

Just because you don't like something doesn't imply that you don't fit the demographic they're aiming at, Aaron.

I really really wanted to like it, but didn't :(
I love Miranda the comedienne but alas not the show. I bared with it till the end but was tempted to switch it off half way through. The only time I laughed was when she chased him at the end, but I just felt I'd heard or seen everything in it a million times before and she does seem to like falling over or stumbling into things, which is just cheap and not funny. Ohhh, so disappointed, I don't think I'll bother again.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 9 2009, 11:46 PM GMT

I really really wanted to like it, but didn't :(
I love Miranda the comedienne but alas not the show. I bared with it till the end but was tempted to switch it off half way through. The only time I laughed was when she chased him at the end, but I just felt I'd heard or seen everything in it a million times before and she does seem to like falling over or stumbling into things, which is just cheap and not funny. Ohhh, so disappointed, I don't think I'll bother again.

I agree. Other than the love bit.