How Not To Live Your Life - Series 2

So, this starts for a new series from next Tuesday, 15th September at 10.30pm on BBC Three.

After an uncertain start, the first series really grew on me. I know there are those who have dismissed it, but I wonder how many of those were put off by the first episode, where the Dan/Don character was quite unlikeable, and didn't bother with it after that?

I appreciate that most of the fuss next week will be about the return of Peep Show, but I think this show deserves some credit and attention. Anybody else looking forward to this?

Yes. I am. It wasn't a classic, however it was much better than most of BBC Three's output. There were plenty of funny bits, in particular, the dead gran episode.

I'm not not looking forward to it. But I'm not wetting myself in anticipation either. I rather enjoyed the first series, but wouldn't have been too bothered if it hadn't progressed. So basically, I enjoyed it but it didn't grab me enough to really feel all that much either way about it.

I've been quietly enjoying this :D I did enjoy Dan's earlier show "The Estate Agents" which was on C4 a few years back. It has some great moments!

I really didn't like series 1 at all and don't think I'll be bothering to tune in for series 2.

EDIT: And in answer to John's original point, I did watch all the episodes in series 1. I'm masochistic like that. :)

Having just edited our interview with Dan Clark (link coming shortly), I must saw I'm a little more looking forward to the new series. Sounds promising.

My boyfriend, his housemates and I really enjoyed watching the first series, and we've all been talking about the next one coming out. Can't wait.

The changes are interesting. I'm looking forward to it and sort of glad they are getting rid of Abby. She was very attractive but I wasn't sure the actress was right and the role was a bit straight as Dan said in the interview. Eddie's still in it so that should be good.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 10 2009, 5:19 PM BST

I really didn't like series 1 at all and don't think I'll be bothering to tune in for series 2.

EDIT: And in answer to John's original point, I did watch all the episodes in series 1. I'm masochistic like that. :)

Fair enough, skip.

Just read BCG's interview with Dan and he couldn't have said it nicer about Abby being a terrible comedy actress... link"Abby was never really designed as a comic character, she was meant to be this person who Don was desperately in love with, who was very charming and very naïve - and Sinead Moynihan did that very well. But it slightly niggles me that her character didn't really have a comic voice - she didn't really have jokes."

:)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 10 2009, 2:19 PM BST

So, this starts for a new series from next Tuesday, 15th September at 10.30pm on BBC Three.

After an uncertain start, the first series really grew on me. I know there are those who have dismissed it, but I wonder how many of those were put off by the first episode, where the Dan/Don character was quite unlikeable, and didn't bother with it after that?

I appreciate that most of the fuss next week will be about the return of Peep Show, but I think this show deserves some credit and attention. Anybody else looking forward to this?

You're like Jack McF**king Fair these days with all this even handedness. I don't care for it.

I liked series 1 very much and I'm looking forward to the second series.

That is all.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 11 2009, 2:46 PM BST

I liked series 1 very much and I'm looking forward to the second series.

That is all.

Dan

This.

Best comedy to come out of BBC Three I think. Unless I'm forgetting something.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ September 11 2009, 2:49 PM BST

This.

Best comedy to come out of BBC Three I think. Unless I'm forgetting something.

Mighty Boosh, Gavin And Stacey, Pulling spring quickly to mind. But this is very good also, yes.

Quote: chipolata @ September 11 2009, 2:38 PM BST

You're like Jack McF**king Fair these days with all this even handedness. I don't care for it.

Ah, go boil your head, Sir Titty. Otherwise you'll get an even backhand.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2009, 3:15 PM BST

Mighty Boosh, Gavin And Stacey, Pulling spring quickly to mind. But this is very good also, yes.

And 15 Storeys, which, unbelievably, was BBC Three.