The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 2 Page 5

Laughing out loud

Fantastic. Very strong episode. Lots of laughs all the way through. The only "miss" I can think of was the Nintendóh ads. Particularly enjoyed the comedy precedents.

It was very good. I didn't particularly used to like Kevin Bishop, but I actually think he is very talented, a good actor.

Brilliant.

Yes the Wii part was average ish.

Please get rid of 'Mind Cop' and 'Celebrity Siblings'. They're both bad and obvious (how many spoofs have there been of the Bale rant?). The Micheal Jackson Mr Potato Head also felt a bit rushed in a cheap attempt to be topical/shocking.

I liked the rest though. The British comic book movies were fun.

I still can't believe people are questioning this man's talent. It's such bollocks that it's actually pissing me off. Seems to me whenever a fun, irreverent comedy show is talked about on these boards it gets called "Comedy for stupid people" or "Comedy for teenage boys" or something equally snobbish.
So what's comedy for intelligent people, then? Something dark and uncomfortable like Nighty Night perhaps? F**k that, give me Kevin Bishop over Julia Davis any day of the week.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 7 2009, 10:57 PM BST

I still can't believe people are questioning this man's talent. It's such bollocks that it's actually pissing me off. Seems to me whenever a fun, irreverent comedy show is talked about on these boards it gets called "Comedy for stupid people" or "Comedy for teenage boys" or something equally snobbish.
So what's comedy for intelligent people, then? Something dark and uncomfortable like Nighty Night perhaps? F**k that, give me Kevin Bishop over Julia Davis any day of the week.

Here, here.

Agrees whole heartedly.

Quote: Paul Rimmer @ August 4 2009, 10:41 PM BST

This has to be one of the worst shows on TV. The sketches are unbelievably predictable, I mean Hugh Laurie in House acting like George from Blackadder, wow never saw that coming.

I didn't.

:)

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 7 2009, 11:00 PM BST

I didn't.

Nor I.

Take away the make up and sets and no one would have a clue who KB was doing an impression of. Therefore his impressions are shit. This show runs on a lazy formula of looking through existing TV schedules, dressing KB and his untalented friends like the presenters of given show and stating (for the most part) the complete bloody obvious, over and over and over and over again. These are my objections to the show, not some kind of snobbishness that it's 'beneath me' or whatever. It's like the South Park episode where Parker and Stone have a sideswipe at Family Guy for employing a lazy formula of 'it was like that time when... e.g. Brian had to be a Storm Trooper. Cue scene of Brian dressed as storm trooper'.

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 1:15 AM BST

Take away the make up and sets and no one would have a clue who KB was doing an impression of.

Disagree.

Therefore his impressions are shit.

Arguable. But it's not an impressions show, so it's entirely irrelevant anyway.

stating (for the most part) the complete bloody obvious, over and over and over and over again.

Welcome to observational comedy. Chocolate digestive?

Started and ended alright but was a bit shit in the middle. George and Lynne: The Movie sounds promising though.

Quote: Aaron @ August 8 2009, 1:17 AM BST

Disagree.

Arguable. But it's not an impressions show, so it's entirely irrelevant anyway.

Welcome to observational comedy. Chocolate digestive?

It's just shit. My mind is made up. I've seen enough of it to see it's lazy, relentless shit. You are welcome to feed from the televisual trough but don't invite me in for chocolate digestives, because those brown things aren't biscuits.

:)

How about a bourbon instead, Giggle-o?

Quote: Clockface @ August 8 2009, 1:52 AM BST

How about a bourbon instead, Giggle-o?

On the rocks?

It's like the South Park episode where Parker and Stone have a sideswipe at Family Guy for employing a lazy formula of 'it was like that time when... e.g. Brian had to be a Storm Trooper. Cue scene of Brian dressed as storm trooper'.

Yes. Because South Park NEVER went for the obvious gag, did it?

For f**k's sake.