The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 2 Page 7

You're right in my case. I don't have anything personally against Kevin Bishop, I just don't find his shows funny, mainly due to the very weak writing. Plus, I'm not a fan of the celebrity culture that he often satirises, so I have no great interest in a most of the targets. I don't think it's a snobbishness issue that put people off his work, just the fact that it doesn't make them laugh.

No, it is pure snobbery in my case.

:)

Lady Dolly may disagree, of course...

*grovels*

Quote: Paul Rimmer @ August 4 2009, 10:41 PM BST

The sketches are unbelievably predictable, I mean Hugh Laurie in House acting like George from Blackadder, wow never saw that coming.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 7 2009, 11:00 PM BST

I didn't.

I did. It was on all the trailers.

*giggles*

Quote: Badge @ August 9 2009, 12:39 AM BST

I did. It was on all the trailers.

Are you admitting to watching Channel 4? At a time when they would have been trailing a programme such as this?

Quote: Aaron @ August 9 2009, 3:39 AM BST

Are you admitting to watching Channel 4? At a time when they would have been trailing a programme such as this?

Um... I guess so?

To be fair, they trail this show pretty much all the time. Not just during a certain programme with the initials B.B.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 9 2009, 3:54 AM BST

To be fair, they trail this show pretty much all the time. Not just during a certain programme with the initials B.B.

I don't watch Channel 4 much (more4, yes), admittedly, but I can't recall having seen any more than about two trailers for it.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 10:12 PM BST

No, it is pure snobbery in my case.

:)

I thought so. It's the Jeremy Irons look from Brideshead Revisited isn't it? Actually, I thought Incest lsland was quite funny but then round my way that means the Isle of Ely.

I really liked the first series, but there's definitely more misses than hits in the second series. There's some sketches which genuinely fill like 'filler' and we're only two episodes in. They milked all they can out of the wii parody in the last series, yet they're repeating the same thing (worse now) over again this series, which is against what they set out to do in the first place. Kevin Bishop always says he feels the audience are being cheated when people see the same old joke again repeated in a slightly different way, but he's guilty of that too.

It's largely weak stuff. But I'm not neccessarily sure the core audience cares or notices.

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 1:15 AM BST

Take away the make up and sets and no one would have a clue who KB was doing an impression of. Therefore his impressions are shit.

I disagree to a degree. He's deliberately doing the impressions OTT. But even despite this, his impressions of Gok Wan etc were pretty bang on though I thought?

Bishop clearly has a wide range of voices and acting styles - watching the parody of the drink-drive advert in the last episode (where he goes through a whole range of voices very quickly) demonstrates this. He'd make a mint if he ever decided to lose the cool and do Radio 4.

But, hey, if KB is not for you. Fair enough. We don't all like the same things.

Quote: Mark @ August 10 2009, 1:38 PM BST

He'd make a mint if he ever decided to lose the cool and do Radio 4.

There's definitely a career for him recording "funny" adverts for regional commercial radio stations.

I bought the DVD of the first series today. For those interested, there is a very good outtake involving the "Hitler Employee of the Month" sketch. Well, I say "Outtake" - there are about 15 takes.