The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 2 Page 4

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 5 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I too have come to the conclusion that, whilst a man with whom I am not overly familiar, Mr Bishop seems to possess the air of one whose faith in his comedic abilities exceeds the general view of polite society.

Then we are in agreement on that matter Mr Darcy.

No, well said and thank you, Mr Putters. And, as ever, I concur with the charming Miss Dagger.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 5 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I like the fact that you called him "Mr Bishop", DD. Raises the whole tone of the site when we refer to over-rated performers in an Austenian manner.

I too have come to the conclusion that, whilst a man with whom I am not overly familiar, Mr Bishop seems to possess the air of one whose faith in his comedic abilities exceeds the general view of polite society.

And yet Star Stories is into it's third series, while this is on the second. To me, he fits in well with Channel 4's Charlette Church Show/Suynday Night Project/Alan Carr style of light entertainment. I,e., comedy for stupid people.

C4 are lovely people. :|

Isn't Coronation Street 'comedy for stupid people'?

Dan

I keep thinking Kevin Bishop is quite funnny for a 14 year old who's bunking off school, but when you realise he's 28 my will to want him to stick at it, becuase he 'has something,' starts to wane.

I think he should mentor James C.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 3 2009, 8:41 AM BST

His Hugh Laurie wasn't really up to much.

I think that you may have been watching a different programme to the rest of the country.

Kevin Bishop is the total opposite of all of this speculation, btw.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:40 PM BST

I think that you may have been watching a different programme to the rest of the country.

I could even do a Hugh Laurie impression of that standard.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:42 PM BST

Kevin Bishop is the total opposite of all of this speculation, btw.

?

Quote: swerytd @ August 5 2009, 1:02 PM BST

Isn't Coronation Street 'comedy for stupid people'?

Dan

No, Dan, Corrie is comedy for old people. Completely different thing.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:42 PM BST

I hardly think this show or his Hugh Laurie for that matter have gone down to universal acclaim. It's all a bit obvious with the odd exception.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 31 2009, 10:46 PM BST

Was it just Blakey, or someone playing Blakey? If you know what I mean. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 31 2009, 11:12 PM BST

But I mean, someone playing someone else, playing him?!

Like Kevin Bishop playing Horne playing Reg.

I'm looking for the Horne part of that. :D Oo-er.

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2009, 11:21 PM BST

Yep. Oliver Maltman playing Stephen Lewis playing Blakey.

It was Oliver Maltman playing Richard Wilson playing Blakey. Remember that he said 'I don't believe it!'

That's the one.

Quote: johnny smith @ August 5 2009, 9:31 PM BST

It was Oliver Maltman playing Richard Wilson playing Blakey. Remember that he said 'I don't believe it!'

Finally. Thanks Johnny. :D

No problem. Happy to help.

'knock the wife about a bit'

:D

very good.

The 5th sense- 'I smell dead people'

:D