The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 2 Page 9

I switched over to the latest episode part way through and saw the end of a 'Dale Winton/Hole in the wall' sketch. I missed the start of this sketch but I presumed it was titled 'Gloryhole In The Wall'. When I watched the whole sketch an hour later on Ch 4+1, I saw that Bishop didn't use this title. Now I'm starting to think that I should be writing for this show :O

Quote: johnny smith @ August 21 2009, 1:00 AM BST

Now I'm starting to think that I should be writing for this show :O

Don't be so hard on yourself!
;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 1 2009, 12:01 AM BST

I managed 5 minutes before turning the TV over.

That long? Well done.

This sketch show clearly isn't a case of 'if you don't like one sketch, there'll quickly be another one that you will find funny' - EVERY SKETCH FALLS FLAT

This can be a bit hit and miss but the odd gem does get through. I like the rolling comments at the bottom of the screen on the news sketches. "Pete Townshend book still not out" hahaha!

Was pretty awful this week, it's obvious they've run out of ideas now (Poor Pii sketches and an extended (not Funny) Katy Perrody). I thought the first series was much more consistent.

On in a moment as the Big Brother final is on tonight.

On a related topic, The Sun reported that Star Stories has been axed by Channel 4.

Link from the News section...

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/5005317.article

I like the fact that people are phoning in to complain about the poor quality of a show, as opposed to the fact that it offended them.

This kind of viewer complaint should be encouraged. If there's another series of Horne & Corden the BBC operators could be overwhelmed.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 8 2009, 11:05 AM BST

I like the fact that people are phoning in to complain about the poor quality of a show, as opposed to the fact that it offended them.

This kind of viewer complaint should be encouraged. If there's another series of Horne & Corden the BBC operators could be overwhelmed.

It might set an interesting trend if people phoned in to complain about the poor quality of a show and this in turn was a factor in it getting cancelled.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 8 2009, 11:05 AM BST

It's not clear if any more than one person complained about the quality though.

"C4's round-up of August's complaints log, the broadcaster chose to illustrate the 107 criticisms with a comment slating its quality rather than its standards."

Quote: Nogget @ September 8 2009, 11:41 AM BST

It's not clear if any more than one person complained about the quality though.

"C4's round-up of August's complaints log, the broadcaster chose to illustrate the 107 criticisms with a comment slating its quality rather than its standards."

Can't you just let us have our moment believing that the great British public are turning on poorly written comedy and complaining about it in their hundreds? Can't you just let us have that?

I like to think that they chose a "quality" comment, as opposed to one on "taste", because that best reflected the overall theme of the complaints. That's what I like to think.

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2009, 11:44 AM BST

Can't you just let us have our moment believing that the great British public are turning on poorly written comedy and complaining about it in their hundreds? Can't you just let us have that?

Well it might still be true; we know that of all the complaints C4 told us about, 100% of them where concerned with the writing quality. Therefore, extrapolate that onto all the others, and we have the result that all the complaints were to do with quality.

On a related note, did anyone catch R4's "More or Less", where the estimated figure of 7,000,000 UK illegal file sharers was discussed? It turns out that in fact this figure was basically completely made up.

It makes absolutely no sense that Channel 4 cancelled the sketch show Spoons after just one series (which also starred Kevin Bishop alongside Simon Farnaby, Tom Goodman-Hill, Rob Rouse and Josie D'Arby and was co-written by Charlie Brooker), and yet this pile of absolute wank reaches its second.

At least Spoons was actually funny.

She's gonna flirt in her skirt without getting her purse hurt...