The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 2 Page 6

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 8 2009, 1:55 AM BST

Yes. Because South Park NEVER went for the obvious gag, did it?

For f**k's sake.

That's ALL the KB show does. There have been over 170 episodes of South Park, of course they'll have employed some easy gags. Whereas, the KB show is only just in to it's second series. The two things are 'apples and oranges' anyway, I was merely referring to the South Park episode to elucidate. You like it, I don't, no big deal.

:)

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 2:03 AM BST

That's ALL the KB show does. There have been over 170 episodes of South Park, of course they'll have employed some easy gags. Whereas, the KB show is only just in to it's second series. The two things are 'apples and oranges' anyway, I was merely referring to the South Park episode to elucidate. You like it, I don't, no big deal.

No big deal at all. Taste in comedy is highly-subjective and I'm always open-minded to other opinions. No matter how wrong.

That was a joke. (An obvious one.)

;)

Why I oughta...

I agree with you about We Are Klang, which alot of other people wouldn't so we've got that to share Lee, at the very least at least we've got that.

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 1:53 AM BST

On the rocks?

On me fifth of the night. :S

Quote: Clockface @ August 8 2009, 2:34 AM BST

On me fifth of the night. :S

Uh-oh digression from the point of the thread. DEDUCT 10 BCG points. To bring it back:

'Kevin Bishop is Drunk Batman. KB: Ughhhh, Robin I f**king love you, drive my batmobile for me. dunna dunna batman'

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 1:23 AM BST

I've seen enough of it to see it's lazy, relentless shit.

Lazy doesn't mean it's not funny. :)

Quote: The Giggle-o @ August 8 2009, 2:33 AM BST

Why I oughta...

I agree with you about We Are Klang, which alot of other people wouldn't so we've got that to share Lee, at the very least at least we've got that.

Go on then. Gimme some sugar baby.

Didn't realise that the new Doctor Who actress is in the show until recently.

I couldn't believe how many F-words were in episode 2.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 7 2009, 10:57 PM BST

I still can't believe people are questioning this man's talent. It's such bollocks that it's actually pissing me off. Seems to me whenever a fun, irreverent comedy show is talked about on these boards it gets called "Comedy for stupid people" or "Comedy for teenage boys" or something equally snobbish.
So what's comedy for intelligent people, then? Something dark and uncomfortable like Nighty Night perhaps? F**k that, give me Kevin Bishop over Julia Davis any day of the week.

I don't agree. Julia Davis is a fantastic character actress - a different thing from Bishop's performance. I think what people mean when they say intelligent comedy is depth. There's a world of difference between deep rounded characterisations and observations and the sketches on the KB show. And whereas I love Harry Hill's silly comedy, I just don't find KB funny. I just don't believe he's a funny person.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 1:34 PM BST

I don't agree. Julia Davis is a fantastic character actress - a different thing from Bishop's performance. I think what people mean when they say intelligent comedy is depth. There's a world of difference between deep rounded characterisations and observations and the sketches on the KB show. And whereas I love Harry Hill's silly comedy, I just don't find KB funny. I just don't believe he's a funny person.

It's just not meant to be a show about deep, rounded characters. It's a fun, fast-paced show that takes the piss out of pop culture and celebrity. I'm not sure how you could make any of KB's sketches "deep". As for Kevin not being funny, well that of course is a matter of opinion. I happen to think he's very funny indeed, and I think he does an amazing job with the impressions, given that he has to whip through so many in the course of an episode.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree. A small victory for so-called "stupid" comedy though...it got more of an audience share than QI did on BBC2.

Quote: johnny smith @ August 8 2009, 1:29 PM BST

I couldn't believe how many F-words were in episode 2.

Fridge? Foster? Fanta? Face? Funny? Flip? Faff? Fliffle? Fluckt?

He's a great performer but not a good writer.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 8 2009, 5:04 PM BST

He's a great performer but not a good writer.

Pretty much agree with that; good actor, bad writing, poor impressionist.

I get the feeling that the people on this board who don't like Kevin Bishop are big fans of Mitchell and Webb. Might be wrong. Normally am.