How good are you at dealing with criticism? Page 4

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2009, 1:28 AM BST

Didn't you put some one's nose out of joint with a sketch about reverse racism in Big Brother?

Huh? As I've never written a sketch about reverse racism in Big Brother, it sounds unlikely.

Must have been by some one else apologies.

No probs.

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2009, 1:38 AM BST

Must have been by some one else apologies.

Bushbaby? Whistling nnocently

Naughty girl! :)

I respond much worse to praise anyways.

Quote: Sammy @ July 30 2009, 7:59 PM BST

How do you deal with criticism?

Although I think its very helpful and important, I still sometimes find it hard to swallow.

Come on now you are a modern woman, in an age that women before you have fought to give you the right to make those sort of decisions yourself! It sounds like your boyfriend is an unreconstructed man still living in a patriarchal dreamworld. Explain the word Hegemony to him, buy him a copy of The Female Eunuch and tell him you are not going to take his shit anymore girl!

Quote: Marc P @ July 31 2009, 9:31 AM BST

Come on now you are a modern woman, in an age that women before you have fought to give you the right to make those sort of decisions yourself! It sounds like your boyfriend is an unreconstructed man still living in a patriarchal dreamworld. Explain the word Hegemony to him, buy him a copy of The Female Eunuch and tell him you are not going to take his shit anymore girl!

Laughing out loud

I'm trying not to go off topic here (sorry if I am) but I started writing a draft of a new sitcom last night, and would like to post the first ep on critique so it can be pulled apart, criticised etc but I'm unsure about how to post it. It's very long to put as one post..and I think it would be difficult to read on there. Are there any online applications you can post your script on and then link to?

Quote: Sammy @ July 31 2009, 9:51 AM BST

Laughing out loud

I'm trying not to go off topic here (sorry if I am) but I started writing a draft of a new sitcom last night, and would like to post the first ep on critique so it can be pulled apart, criticised etc but I'm unsure about how to post it. It's very long to put as one post..and I think it would be difficult to read on there. Are there any online applications you can post your script on and then link to?

Why not just post the first couple of scenes? After all, that's often all Prodcos will read before deciding whether to proceed or not.

There was some talk of a facility to upload formatted scripts here. Shame there isn't one yet, maybe there will be soon? I much prefer to read a formatted script. Don't know why really just habit I guess.

Quote: Marc P @ July 31 2009, 10:12 AM BST

There was some talk of a facility to upload formatted scripts here. Shame there isn't one yet, maybe there will be soon? I much prefer to read a formatted script. Don't know why really just habit I guess.

Bloody professional writers! Tch. :)

I respond much worse to compliments and encouragement.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ July 31 2009, 10:34 AM BST

I respond much worse to compliments and encouragement.

You've been a breath of fresh air to this forum, Dazza! Keep it up! :)

Quote: chipolata @ July 31 2009, 10:38 AM BST

You've been a breath of fresh air to this forum, Dazza! Keep it up! :)

You're welcome Chip.

Fancy chasing down naked lady pirates with me this afternoon? I have got a meeting but I will cancel if you say yes. :)

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ July 31 2009, 10:54 AM BST

You're welcome Chip.

Fancy chasing down naked lady pirates with me this afternoon? I have got a meeting but I will cancel if you say yes. :)

Alas, I too have a meeting. Although with quite a hot woman.