How good are you at dealing with criticism? Page 9

Quote: Marc P @ August 3 2009, 12:26 PM BST

I did originally write women aren't very good etc... but thought I 'd have that Sarah Beeney banging on my door!!

:)

If only you'd said Kirsty Allsop I could have done a moustache gag!

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2009, 12:27 PM BST

If only you'd said Kirsty Allsop I could have done a moustache gag!

She usually brings a sledgehammer.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 3 2009, 12:24 PM BST

Or pretending we don't so we don't have to look at your boring floor plans.

To balance my argument, I freely admit that I have a terrible sense of direction and map-reading skills. As a teenager I was once leading a group of Venture Scouts in a overnight orienteering competition. I was meant to lead the group to a disused railway line. Instead I managed to get us all nearly killed on the Bristol to Bath mainline track. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 3 2009, 12:34 PM BST

Instead I managed to get us all nearly killed on the Bristol to Bath mainline track. :(

I don't think that was an accident. ;)

I'm not good at dealing with criticsm about my spatial awareness skills.

As a teenager I was once leading a group of Venture Scouts in a overnight orienteering competition. I was meant to lead the group to a disused railway line. Instead I managed to get us all nearly killed on the Bristol to Bath mainline track. :(

:)

I feel a pre-watershed sitcom brewing! Scouting for Boys.

Quote: Griff @ August 3 2009, 12:31 PM BST

I know a surprising number of blokes who think that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Now about this unsightly erection in your garden!

Quote: Marc P @ August 3 2009, 12:42 PM BST

I'm not keen on her arm.

"She certainly wasn't last in the queue when God was handing out... chests."

To balance my argument, I freely admit that I have a terrible sense of direction and map-reading skills.

I do hope you never ask for help, otherwise we'll have to take away your 'bloke licence'.

Quote: NoggetFred @ August 3 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I do hope you never ask for help, otherwise we'll have to take away your 'bloke licence'.

Of course not. During the holidays after my second year at uni, I was invited to stay with a mate in Hull. I drove up from Bristol by myself, never having driven north before.

I somehow took a wrong turn at Birmingham and, despite being fairly certain I was going the wrong way (driving through Cumbria should have been a give-away) I drove on in the bloke-ish certainty I was probably right.

I ended-up in Carlisle before I stopped to reassess the situation... Errr

(After driving across the country to Hull, I did make it to my mate's local in time for last orders. So not a complete embarrassment.)

Commendable behaviour.

And, of course, I blamed the terrible signeage on the M6... Pleased