How good are you at dealing with criticism? Page 5

Quote: chipolata @ July 31 2009, 11:06 AM BST

Alas, I too have a meeting. Although with quite a hot woman.

Shame. I will have to chase the Pirate myself.

I think that the key to dealing with criticism is to find the people who are on your same wavelength- which means ignoring criticism of people who may be a lot better writers than you but who don't have the same vision. I also judge whether or not to pay attention to people's crticms but whether or not it appears they exagerate. Some people, espceically writers, tend to try to make their crticism funny or lyrical as opposed to constructive which means what they are telling you isn't neccesarily a true reflection of your work.

I haven't seen that sammy on here before. She is a bit of a looker.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 1 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Ah, constructive critcism! :)

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 1 2009, 2:01 AM BST

You should see Chip, she's gorgeous.

And a shameless cum-slut to boot!

She does love the cock.

Sorry to go off topic, but she does like writers' cock too.

:O

We're talking about Chip!!! >_<

I know! I know! I'm still shocked!

Sebastian gave an interesting and insightful response which I was about to reply to until he called me 'that sammy' and I didn't feel part of the conversation anymore, then you all started going on about cock

I didn't know how else to respond!

Laughing out loud

Apoligies Sammy. I should have addressed the comment about you being looked to you. Can I welcome you back into the conversation

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 1 2009, 2:29 AM BST

Apoligies Sammy. I should have addressed the comment about you being looked to you. Can I welcome you back into the conversation

Laughing out loud The conversation about criticism. Yes please.

Sorry... :$

Tim!!! Look wot you done!! Whistling nnocently

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 31 2009, 12:30 AM BST

Dealing with criticism?

It's a difficult one because, as far as I've noticed, I've never had any about my work.

It might come as a bit of a shock if I ever did. However, I see no point in discussing hypotheticals.

I refer Nil (et al) to my previous answer.

Welcome back Sammy. I have nothing further to add on criticim. Apart from the fact that I don't like givng critcims as I've relaised I quite enjoy slagging other peoples work off hence I try to restrain this trait.

How good am I at dealing with criticism?

I'm f**king awesome! Go on, critique me!!